Who is the Governing Body?

by God_Delusion 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi Guy's & Gal's,

I've published this article; Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Please let me know if I've missed anything out, as I'm quite sure I have.

Regards
    RAB

• nugget
    nugget

I would report how decisions are made as that was quite eye opening. E.g. they check past decisions made by the body and vote on them. Explain also how things are passed by majority voting but even things that receive a majority vote may not be incorporated as changed doctrine if the % is not enough. These points were quite shocking to me as, if God was talking to them why did they have different viewpoints?

Very little attention is paid to what the Bible actually says and it appears the Bible is rarely used. But you would need to provide a quotation from a credible source for that one.

There have also been changes regarding non annointed JWs acting as consultants to the GB I think many of these are now taking the emblems, but Blondie may be able to dig up the old references to this.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

I would publish all the GB members' names, and their respective ethnicities and countries of origin, since that alone is surprisingly unrepresentative of the planet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit