Today was my first time at the Kingdumb Hell is over a year

by JerkhovahsWitless 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I've been to conventions, assemblies and the memorial, but not the Hall in a very long time. I would have liked to of kept it that way, but with my idiot family telling other JWs from other congregations that I don't go to meetings anymore, its starting to spread around from everyone's gossip. Add that to some of the not so fond of the WT statements I've made to a few "friends" who've distorted and repeated it to their friends, and I'm looking like a real bad guy.

Looking like that is causing it very hard for my one friend, who is seeing the light and wants out of the cult, to be able to talk, text message or see me in person because he lives with parents and they don't want him associating with me since I'm not going to cult meetings. So, that's why I've decided to pop in for a meeting or two a week. The goal is to get the gossip that I'm going back to spread around, and thus giving me the ability to continue aiding my friend in the hard times that await ahead (not to mention it'll be nice to have him around for me, too). Also, I've noticed I've been getting less JW calls for my repair services. Those cash paying jobs are nice and hard to give up when not working full-time.

I got there maybe 10 minutes late today and stayed for one hour. Its was hard to hang around and listen to all of the boring crap for too long. I was glad that it just happened to be the WT lesson I remember reading about here. So, I stayed until paragraph 6 to hear the mind control and the drones comment.

I took out my cell phone and started recording for paragraphs 3-6 because I wanted to post it online. But, my cell phone is a piece of defective crap and goes into stand-by mode within a few seconds of the screen not being touched even though its set to do it in 2 minutes, so I couldn't record the meeting. Its too bad it didn't work out. Having the little kid, who's too young to read and only could repeat what his parent told him, answer that we need to obey the faithful and discreet slave would have been quality stuff to record and put online. Its hard to believe there was a time I would have sat there, read that crap and not have seen what a freakin' cult it is.

I need a new phone... recording meetings could be useful for making "apostate propaganda", and it'll give me something to look forward to on days I know I have to go to the damn meeting.

• moshe
    moshe

I like those new digital recorders that look like a pen. I haven't been to a WT study in maybe 20 years, but I might just show up for the 1914 generation change one, this spring-

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Ah, a pen recorder. That's a good idea and more affordable than a new PDA phone... I might have to go shopping now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the Oct 15, 1989 Washtowel having a study article against just this kind of gossip. I was there when they were discussing the very topic of hurtful gossip and slander--you can get disfellowshipped if you are actually doing slander. And, I have heard other talks about the subject since then.

It is pretty blatant that they are not abiding by their own rules. So you are missing a few boasting sessions. Why does this fact have to insinuate that you are committing all sorts of wicked sins? Why should it mean you are having sex with everything that moves, selling and using drugs, and robbing banks just because you do not believe everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you or you cannot make all the boasting sessions and put in plenty of field circus? Seems they are pretty good at spreading hurtful gossip, such as you are doing all sorts of horrible things because you miss the boasting sessions.

Yet, they don't want to hear it about their own faults. They may make every single boasting session and get in 200 hours of field circus every month. They might always comment in the words of the paragraph every boasting session, and believe everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts out. They might be teaching the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's teachings, even though they are blatantly wrong, until they change them themselves. They might be assigning the hounders triple honor (they require only double). But, what good is that going to do if they are protecting pedophiles and killing and eating babies?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think your a real brick to sit there after you know the" Lie" it is
    Glad you dont have to swallow "The meat in due season"
    otherwise you may choke

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Its too bad it didn't work out. Having the little kid, who's too young to read and only could repeat what his parent told him, answer that we need to obey the faithful and discreet slave would have been quality stuff to record and put online.

For some reason, this statement reminds of how the Watchtower would publish "Doom's Day" articles after a tragic disaster, i.e. 9/11, and how all the Witnesses were expected to get out and go door to door "in earnest" to give the "Good News" message of the "Paradise Earth".

Therefore, look out everyone they're coming again due to the disaster in Haiti.

I can't believe that I got sucked into that religion.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good luck with that one Jerkhovah. You must have nerves of steel and a stomach of iron to be able to do what you are doing. If I were you I bring along a barf bag just in case I needed it.

What is the up and coming change in 1914 that Moshe mention? That would be a good meeting to record and post how it was presented and the reaction of the congregation to the news.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Hearing the JW vomit at meetings does sicken me, but as long as I'm able to help my friend by the end of this year make his transition on leaving the cult after he finishes school, it'll be worth it. Hopefully, I'll be able to control my facial expressions when something is said and not shake my head in disgust like I accidently did a few times at the last DC drama... Maybe I'll get some good recordings to share, too. I really want to record the WT lesson on the generation change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit