How Radicalised are Jehovah's Witnesses?

by snugglebunny 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Shunning sure kills a person's spirit. That is often referred to as a test of loyalty to God and the Org. Not good.

SL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good catch Scully.

If it wasn't for man's laws, JWS would be killing their family members who were apostates to the JWS leaders, just like in biblical times.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Yep... this group is one nut-job at the top away from becoming ISIS.

I lost a cousin due to the no blood policy. She left behind a husband and 3 children.

When someone believes that a symbol of life is more important than life itself, they have crossed over into the world of extremism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    the day may come when the WTS will "suggest" that the time has come for True Christians™ to act out their Theocratic™ fantasies of wiping out Apostates™ - "wiping out" as in killing? I don't think so, somehow. Grassing them up to the police if they break the law - getting apostates in trouble in that way? Definitely, IMO.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

I do wonder where the limits of loyalty are, what could the WT get away with demanding from their members....then I think of all the dead children and babies and the question no longer needs to be hypothetical.

its a dangerous cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

snugglebunny - "How radicalised are Jehovah's Witnesses?"

I little bit moreso every day.

Particularly since non-radicals and moderates are the ones who leave.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Are the JWs radical?

I think so. In a few ways.

The religion attracts that element of population who are dissatisfied with 'current affairs' and who buy into the idea that 'this system' (government) is 'Bad'. The JW religion gives a safe haven to people who are already 'radicalized' or 'marginalized' by their political viewpoint of 'the world'. The JWs are made up of people who are 'anti- government' and 'anti-establishment' and 'anti- religion', etc.

As many have already said - the JW child sacrifice rituals are radical. Their self-sacrifice on the altar of blood is radical.

They preach radical teachings - anti-Christendom, anti-UN, anti-Russia, anti-government, anti-fill in the blank...

• gone for good
    gone for good

Snugglebunny -

I have been party to someone contemplating the exact scenario that your OP postulates.

A young man grew up in the 1980s in a very unstable JW family. Theocratically deranged hypocrite father, narcissistic demanding hypocrite mother.

Classic cult family - really nice mannerly eager kids being raised in a non-stop environment of ''Ambient Abuse''. Cult fear, obligation and guilt at all the stupid meetings and way too much '' correction, disciple and mental regulating'' inside the chaotic home. This was a model family, to be featured as an example at the circuit assembly!

The young man who thankfully was never baptised, told me years later that in his darkest hours of ruminating on all the dilemas and turmoil the cult had installed into his young brain, that really the best solution would have been to kill everyone in the family before Armegeddon - exactly the raionale you alluded to.

And perfectly logical if stupid theocratic idiocy is to be taken as fact.

A few years afterward, in the depths of schizophrenia this once happy young man killed himself.

The Watchtower is a dishonest, evil organization and Jehovahs Witnesses are a disgrace for being front men for such a cruel hypocritical fraud.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^^^ good post, gone for good ^^^^^^^^

I think that the GB would say that they would never intend for JWs to kill themselves or others based on WTS teachings, and really mean it.

However, your unfortunate example shows just how dangerous cults are.

The relevant authorities should take a much closer interest in dangerous cults - in particular WTS and Islam.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh...I forgot one of the JWs biggest anti- , and it deserves at least an honorable mention.

Anti-Catholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit