New Songs a Trip

by cattails 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cattails
    cattails

You should have heard when people were singing one of the updated songs.

They've changed the third line's tune and words .

It was almost complete silence as people tried to figure out what on earth they were supposed to sing.

Do other religions change lyrics of songs like that or is it only JWs whose beliefs change and even the songs they sing need updating?

• shamus100
    shamus100

You still go to meetings???

EEEEEEWWWW! Dear god, I wish I could buy you a drink.

• cattails
    cattails

Thanks Shamus100. I'd love a pint.

I feel trapped sometimes, other times I feel like I just need to wait it out.

It must be like being in prison, except if you misbehave they kick you out.

Right and ready for a second pint.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Start today! Miss a weeks worth of meetings, go to one, miss another week...

No time like the present. LIfe is too short. Trust me, they can't do a thang!

• yknot
    yknot

Piano accompaniments suck........ I mean they really really really suck!

Zeal for the new songs went flat after the first meeting in Jan.......

(Note to Bethel lurkers.......after the 'oldies' on the GB collect their heavenly calling.......think modern worship or at least present the notion of us using the 'production' version of the medley that was sampled at the DC)

The only good thing is that there are less words to sing!

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

If you don't mind me asking cattails, why are you still going? Are you attempting a slow fade?

• cattails
    cattails
    If you don't mind me asking cattails, why are you still going? Are you attempting a slow fade?

No, I don't mind. Family is the reason, economics is the problem, or vice-versa.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    No, I don't mind. Family is the reason, economics is the problem, or vice-versa.

I stuck around for family and partly economic reasons, too. But I was lucky when I stopped going; my mom was upset about it, but not angry. Things have actually been on a very even keel. My case is a luckier one than most, but if there is any indication that they wouldn't go insane over your leaving, I suggest you run like hell out of Sodom and Gomorrah and not look back.

I regret not leaving back in '07 when they wanted to kick me out. I'm glad to be out now, I just wish I'd been out sooner.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I'm not surprised that the zeal for the new Kingdumb maladies has dried up. They are really pxxx poor, and there are only 42 new songs. The others have been tampered with to make worship to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger more blatant, and to clean up more of the praise to Jesus that once was part of singing.

And, just wait a few years. I suspect that, with only 135 songs, they are going to have a miserable time trying to keep people interested in them. The same songs will come up more often (to be exact, they will come up 9 times for every 5 times the old ones would have). If they suck to begin with, they are going to suck even worse when they get older.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit