Facebook site

by lancelink 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lancelink
    lancelink

This afternoon I was wasting time just looking at different sites on Facebook.

I ran across this ,,,,, JW FRIENDS.

On the comment section for 12/24 this comment was made:

NICE BOOK TO OFFER ON DECEMBER 25 WOULD BE THE GREATEST MAN BOOK.

LETS ALL GET OUT IN SERVICE ON THAT DAY, MAKE JEHOVAHS HEART REJOICE

10 people like this !

After looking over some of the comments, I felt a little sick.

After being out of the jw orginization for over two years, I just cannot believe that I actually believed this type of thinking for soooo long.

Does anyone have a facebook site for jw's that makes your skin crawl ?

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I usually stay away from them, but occasionally I'll wonder in and just be blown away. It's crazy the way they think and speak, and even crazier to think that I used to think and speak the same way...

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i go in and play with them... caused some real good stouches too.

oz

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Oh why did I go look? Here is a snippet:

We just had our C.O. visit too. What a wonderful talk on the rsurrection. Our C.O. chose song 111 and we nearly all had tears in our eyes when we got to the chorus where it says "I will call, the dead will answer.." So beautiful. Thanks Jehovah for your wonderful promise of a resurrection.

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

OMG are these people for REAL???

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Ok I realise I am commenting to myself now, but there is another group called Watchtower where I found this little gem of Christian Love:

In our service it comes down to knowing the Four SWs: S.ome W.ill, S.ome W.ont, S.ome W.ait, S.o W.hat, NEXT!
    Keep moving forward friends searching for those deserving.

So loving!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

WOW

Were we really that stupid and lacking reason?

Let's offer a book that features Jesus because of the season? Did we think that these people did not see thru the fog?

Jeff

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I know. I still chat with a few JW friends and the mindset is shocking.

• chickpea
    chickpea

new brand of crazy? this is a FB group that doesnt want interlopers infiltrating
    their ranks and messing with their joy in the service of the big J....

YOU *MUST* display the devine name, bi-yatches!

Jehovah's Witnesses upbuilding worldwide brotherhood

Category: Common Interest - Religion & Spirituality
    Description: You *must* have Jehovah's Divine, Holy Name visible for all to see in your personal page to be approved as a member of this group. If I can not see that you are proud of Jehovah's Divine Holy Name when I click on your profile, then I can not approve you as a member. This is a private group for JWs and those studying the Bible with JWs. If you apply, your profile will be checked to make sure you have no un-Christian content. If you do not have Jehovah's Divine, Holy Name in a few places on your page your request to join will be denied.

you cannot make this stuff up>> a profile status

Good night. I have an appointment to search out sheep in the morning and since Jehovah's angels will be listening and watching for all of their responses, I need to be up to the task. Off to bed I go and I'll pray again for the worldwide brotherhood, the brothers and sisters in Russia and in Haiti as they are all trying to endure.

• awildflower
    awildflower

How do you look at different groups on facebook? Like how did you guys find them? Do I just enter key words into the search? I don't want to search jw's but maybe something else. I have facebook but I'm not to familiar with it.

I hate the line "let's search out who's deserving". Aren't all people on earth "deserving" of God's love? And how do THEY determine who's deserving?? Makes me sick. Sooooo glad I'm out!.............wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit