Help wanted with a WT quote, please

by ThomasCovenant 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Am I imagining it it or is there a quote in the WT something like

'trust without doubt what the Society says' ?

Vague, I know

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• fokyc
    fokyc

They are always telling the dubs that they must trust the elders etc Here is the most recent I can find, this article has 'trust' in it 13 times!

***w09 2/15 p.27 They“Keep Following the Lamb” ***

Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same? After all, the slave has shown itself to be faithful in doing its assigned work. For example, the Watchtower magazine has been published for some 130 years. Meetings, assemblies, and conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to build us up spiritually.

The faithful slave is also discreet in that it neither acts immodestly, running ahead of Jehovah, nor lags behind when God’s direction on a matter is clear. For example, while false religious leaders tacitly approve or openly condone as normal the selfish, godless conduct of the people of the world, the slave provides warnings against the pitfalls of Satan’s wicked system. The slave is able to provide wise and timely warnings because Jehovah God and Jesus Christ are blessing it. The slave thus deserves our complete trust. How, though, can we demonstrate that we trust the faithful and discreet slave?

fokyc

• 38wastedyears

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit