Searching for a WT quote about skills needed post armageddon

by boyzone 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• boyzone
    boyzone

Anyone remember a Watchtower study about the skills brothers would need after amageddon? I vaguely remember it but I've scoured the CDrom and can't find it. Somethng about being gardeners, carpenters etc and how we need to develop those skills now.

Anyone got any ideas where its from? Or am I going daft...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Skills needed post armageddon

1. Ability to tie bags

A course in Knot Tying and Drawstrings 101 will be held at the KH on Thurs. evening for the New System Pioneers

• fokyc
    fokyc

It is on the CD-ROM:

*** w52 1/15 pp. 45-46 par. 6 Counteracting Old World Influences on Children

6 Not only will this help the youths to be self-supporting and to make a success of the pioneer service later, but such specialized training in the arts and crafts of our day will enable them to make a practical contribution toward the building of Paradise in the earth after Armageddon. It staggers the imagination when one contemplates the post-Armageddon needs for skills. Why, the engineering works and agricultural projects at that time will be tremendous. Not only will there be almost an endless building program for the civilization of the survivors, but think of the multitudes who will come back in the resurrection who will have to be provided with homes, food and clothing. It seems reasonable that all of these necessities would have to be produced ahead of time to give the resurrected ones a decent reception in a land of plenty. So to every young man and young woman the counsel is given to train himself now intellectually and practically not only for the remaining years before the disappearance of this old world, but prepare for a full share in building the enduring Paradise civilization that will stand forever as a tribute to Jehovah’s goodness.

fokyc

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Boyzone: "Somethng about being gardeners, carpenters etc and how we need to develop those skills now."

There will not be any need for gardeners or carpenters for a long time. The world already has a surplus of suitable buildings that will be available once the "riff raff" people have been annhiliated by Jehovah.

These people will leave behind plenty of food and everything else. The spoils of war should hold the JWs over for quite a few years. There will be time to learn a new trade in the New System.

But....you will have to work your way up in order to qualify. There will be a lot of dirty clean up jobs for a few years. In the New System everyone will be programmed to do a specific job so you won't need to worry about career advancement or continuing to learn new skills. You will just need to be good at the one thing you do.

Train a child when he is young, and when he is older he will never depart from his training. Children will work alongside their parents in the New System. They will be taught to do useful, productive things in Jehovah's New Kingdom.

• alanv
    alanv

I see that the WT is from 1952. I would be very surprised if the society encouraged anyone now to spend a few years getting a skill, ready for post Armageddon.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The borg has a one-track mind; it's still going to be all about preaching, only now it's preaching to the resurrected ones.

• sir82
    sir82

Fascinating.

Why, the engineering works and agricultural projects at that time will be tremendous.
    So to every young man and young woman the counsel is given to train himself now intellectually and practically not only for the remaining years before the disappearance of this old world, but prepare for a full share in building the enduring Paradise civilization that will stand forever as a tribute to Jehovah’s goodness.

To my untrained eye, it sure looks like they are recommending a college education, as they mention "engineering" and "preparing oneself intellectually".

Of course, keep in mind that this was written in the early 50's, when policies which are strictly enforced now were far less restrictive. Even "marrying not in the Lord" was not heavily frowned upon (thank goodness, cuz otherwise my JW dad would never have married my non-JW mom...she converted soon after the wedding, though).

So it may not be so surprising that such a recommendation was made back then, after all.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT: " It seems reasonable that all of these necessities would have to be produced ahead of time to give the resurrected ones a decent reception in a land of plenty.

If necessities must be produced ahead of time...where would they come from?

They would have to come from stripping the dead of their goods. They intend to live on the spoils of war for a long time! Jehovah has always provided for his people by the spoils of war...after war, after war, after war....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit