conventions on jw.org

by bereanbiblestudent 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

The Watchtower site added a new function called lookup to find where the conventions are held and when.

Do they not tell that at the Kingdom Hall?

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

A lot of people need to go to an alternate convention for health or family reasons, and some like to go to additional conventions. I remember they used to publish the full list in either the Watchtower or the KM, but that list only covered your own country and a couple international ones. So this is actually pretty helpful for people looking for that info...yet I can't imagine they'll encourage people to go on-line to find it, since that would involve using the dreaded Internet. ;)

• 38wastedyears
    38wastedyears

Do you have a link? I glanced around the site but couldn't find it anywhere.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Do you have a link? I glanced around the site but couldn't find it anywhere.

It's the third tab at the top on the main page. Here's a direct link.

• yesidid
    yesidid

That's a bit of a worry.

I clicked on it and it brought up my country.

So they would know two things about me.

1. I came from JWN

2. My country of residence.

WOW

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

If you want to follow an anonymous link they can't easily track, go through http://anonym.to/?http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=YBBXHC instead. But really, virtually every site out there is able to log the site, ISP, and country from which you're coming. Even if you copy and paste a link into a new browser window, admins can still get basic information about you.

Sorry if there's some type of taboo here against directly linking WTBTS sites, but from my browsing of previous threads, I figured it was fine. It looks like there are lots of links up to both jw-media.org and watchtower.org.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I noticed the number of conventions held are up from last year and they decided not to make the Okies drive to other states .....

2010- 357 conventions in the US

2009- 334 conventions in the US

Yet there has been no mention of the theme........ (anyone know-- our SM announcements have only contained ltrs from CO and DF and Reinstates)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit