Talked to a good friend

by EmptyInside 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I had one of the best days I've had in a long time. It was cold and snowy so I declared my own snow day. And went for a walk with my dog in 13 degrees fahrenheit while treading through snowy slush. It was quite invigorating to say the least. And I came in second , if there is such a title, in monopoly. Then, went on-line to my facebook page and saw an old friend that I had added. I haven't talked to her for at least 15 years, because she was disfellowshipped. Well, tonight, I was able to talk on the phone with her for a few minutes. It was really nice and although, I know I won't get those lost years of friendship back, it's always good to be able for now to catch up a bit. I just wanted to share. Hope everyone was able to have a great day, too.

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

Glad you reconnected with an old friend. Today is a new day!

L4P

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Glad you had such a good day EmptyInside. And it was great you were able to reconnect with your friend.

Funny you were slushing through the snow and the cold while over here (Queensland, Australia) we were cooling off in our swimming pool.

All the best

Hopscotch

• noni1974
    noni1974

The same thing happened to me about 2 years ago. I found a friend on myspace and contacted her. We hadn't spoken in about 12 years. It was a happy day for me!! She was my best friend when I was a dub. We hadn't spoken in 12 years because her ex husband banned me from her life after they got married because I saw him cheating on her, and I told her about it. I left the JW's a year or so after that. Thankfully she divorced the cheater and she welcomed me back into her life again. I went to her wedding this past September. We chat on facebook and email and text all the time. She invites me to her house for holidays. It's pretty cool now that we are both out, and both adults to see how we relate to each other.

Good luck with your friend.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thanks for your comments. And, Hopscotch, I have a friend I regularly talk to from Australia,and it seems you all have stolen the sun from the rest of us.

• nugget
    nugget

Every time we make these connections we grow as people. I am so encouraged by each contact reestablished. The fact that we can build these relationships shows the lie that people outside the org are cold and selfish. Well done.

• lancelink
    lancelink

nice comment, thanks for posting

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I'm so happy you're getting re-connected with old friends. They understand what you're going through more than "worldly" people could (unless they've grown up in a cult too).

And they really haven't changed much at all in that 15 years, have they? I got together with old friends last month that I hadn't seen in that long, and it was like we were still teenagers. Just a bit wrinkly and grey, but still teenagers. Great stuff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit