I had to chuckle tonight while listening to the tie in.

by Leprechaun 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I heard one elder say after everyone tried to sing one of their jacked up songs they have now, he said “wow now that is a twisted rendition”.

( think there are a lot of people getting fed up with this direction of worshiping the Governing Body )

• nugget
    nugget

If someone is having private doubts the song book will help to ram them home. The old words are still buzzing round peoples heads so the new words tend to stand out more. I became a witness to worship God not a book publishing company. Does God even get a look in?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Lets hope that the Watchtower dump ALL of the old song books by now and they will never see the old songbooks again, then when the Watchtower does realize that the new songbooks are turning the faithful off, it would be too late for them to do something about it. Maybe the Watchtower will ban the songs all together. (wait and see) (wishful thinking)

• moshe
    moshe

Did they try these songs out beforehand to see what the response was? It appears they did not. I imagine some JW's are going home and comparing the word changes and asking, "why?"

• zoiks
    zoiks

Maybe some will start to ask why, but I'm not optimistic. It seems like anything new is met with mindless glee, regardless of its implications.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It seems like any change like this turns out to be the last straw for some people, but it's never enough to make a significant impact on the borg. But one of these days they'll look around their organization and realize that the best and brightest are all gone and they're truly left with mindless robots. They better be careful what they wish for. It's already started. Elder bodies nowadays aren't half as competent as they were when I was a kid. Partly because they're less qualified to lead others and partly because they're totally burned out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit