Any "single issue" faders or leavers around?

by Mad Sweeney 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I doubt this will get a lot of response but here goes anyway.

Anyone fading (or just left cold turkey) over a single issue (such as blood, pedophelia, or shunning, for example) who would be willing to return if the borg finally reformed that particular doctrine to your satisfaction?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:who would be willing to return if the borg finally reformed that particular doctrine to your satisfaction?

I'd take that as a big "no" if I were you!

Farkel

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I'm a single-issue fader if you consider "not teaching the truth" to be a single issue. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is such a thing as "the truth" anymore, so I don't see how they could reform. But in theory, yes, if they started teaching the truth, I would return.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I didn't expect many but thought there might be one or two.

Personally, I don't think reform is possible for this organization AT ALL. I think the best one could hope for (but don't hold your breath) would be some sort of big "Plain Truth" style mea culpa, after which a few of the worst doctrines are changed and some of the past mistakes are apologized for. Not long after that it would be more of the same, because the borg is designed to never give up control of the sheeple, regardless of what the doctrine is.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I left cold turkey over the child abuse issue. Shortly after leaving I learned about all the other issues. There's no chance of me ever going back. If they reformed all their doctrines and policies I would not go back. If the governing body held a nationally televised press conference to apologize for their misdeeds, and then proceeded to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze I still wouldn't go back. They have nothing I want or need.

W

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"If the governing body held a nationally televised press conference to apologize for their misdeeds, and then proceeded to douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves ablaze..."

Imagine the money they'd make selling tickets for THAT event!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I left over a single issue - an abusive husband. Five years later I thought about going back but that lasted one meeting.

Then I got on the internet and discovered the real thruth.

Now NEVER would be too soon

• wobble
    wobble

The single issue I left over was the GB (FDS) usurping the place of Jesus . Now if they resolved that one, there would be nothing for me to go back to.

Of course ,since leaving I have allowed other issues to surface that lay dormant, and I have found new issues a plenty !

But ,as I say ,the religion would have to implode to settle my issue.

Love

Wobble

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Here is the 'true' way the congregations were to be run.

1. Letting God's holy spirit operate in each congregation. Past the basic truths, it would be very personal, GROUP discussion, on research and study. Allow people who thought they got insight to share with everyone, and the congregation then or for next time would look up and see if all come to same conclusion, if something was unanimous, then very likely would be true. It would be very similar to the 'bible students' based on what I've heard before Charles Taze Russell, before all of it became too organized. Those who ally themselves or join, may stay as long as not a 'practicer' of sin, if any who were with them were outright practicers of sin and not changing, they would be shunned. If one made any sin, then the mature ones of the congregation would pray over them for spiritual healing. The gathering of themselves together is not sitting in the same place, but actually during that encouraging eachother.

The problems with what is going on now. A. Many are made teachers who are not qualified to be, and Paul warned they carry higher judgement.

B. God's chosen, have been enslaved and are kept from doing his will for them as individuals

C. Many are rejecting the holy spirit as demonic or innaccurate or indepedant thinking and must be wrong.

D. Many are judging others for not believing their message, even though history proves how much it changed, yet with that strong judgement, they may be giving themselves a harsh judgement.

E. Many are trying to save themselves by works, and not undertand the balance and how works go with faith. By wondering if they are making enough meetings or enough service, they are not having faith that produces works, they are trying to gain salvation by works. True works make your whole life, what you do, how you do things, every aspect, and the fruitgages of the spirit are signs to let you know if your being led by spirit or flesh. They aren't traits to 'work on' you are either led by spirit or not, and if not, you know based on what your currently have and then can look at yourself for what changes you need to do.

F. For "conscience matters" many go to GB vs the bible and their conscience for what is right or not. The bible says if you do something with doubts, you sin. thats why everything to be done w/ clean conscience. Those who do not get the truth, they still have a conscience, and hence why bible says God's law is within them, they will conddemn and get judgement themselves by going against what they internally know is wrong.

G. ONE BIG THING - one of the hardest things on trusting in Jehovah and going on your own, is that many are so set on being told what to do, not having to think. Many on their own can be disciplined enough and takes a lot of work to try to on your own serve God. Takes courage as well, so many if all was exposed, many just end up doing nothing.

There is some hope at the end of the tunnel though, the great tribulation. It will seal the fate for many, but also allow some to return to God. Apparently though, once it begins, the opportunity for a higher calling is closed. Still looking into this, but seems some are chosen before birth or even made for this, and then some are adopted by showing a true want and heart for wanting this and giving themselves fully.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i left coz i wanted to be a 'normal' person. i no longer wanted to live by the bible or doctrines promulgated from it. i basically did not want to be a christian. so they cant change enough to get me back!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit