update on my life

by quietlyleaving 7 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm so happy today and thought I'd review how far I've come.

But first let me say how much I appreciate the topics and discussions that you guys raise. I apologise for going too far sometimes very often.

I'm pressing on with my studies. Last year was very tough as the course was very very difficult and I did not fit in with the group. THis year we have a discussion forum, a fantastic teacher, and a group of students who are much like me. I feel like I fit in much more. Or it may just be that I have changed a lot (this is more likely the reason). I got A's for the last 2 assignments. Today I'm off to my volunteer post which I enjoy very much.

Another piece of fantastic news I received over christmas is that if I pay some extra social security stamps I will be entitled to a small state pension when I reach 65 - hurray - there has been a change in the law. I was quite worried about this especially as last year I had sunk all our savings into our mortgage.

I started challenging the extremist elements within JWs in earnest late in 2006. 3 years have gone by and I'm at last finding my feet. A tough but rewarding road.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Congrats! Happy to hear that life is going on well for you. May I ask what you are studying? I do not get here often. Best wishes. :)

• wobble
    wobble

Great to hear QL !

I too would love to know what you are studying, plus what part of the U.K you are in ?

You can PM me the last bit of info if you prefer, I have lived in Kent,all my life (nearly sixty years now !)

Love

Wobble

• nugget
    nugget

It's great to hear that your studies are working out for you thats great news. Often we focus on the hurt behind and it takes a while to pick ourselves up and move on. It's great to hear how you have grown as a person and are embracing life good for you.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks mysterious, wobble and nugget.

Wobble, Mysterious - I'm studing the Humanities and this takes in culture in its many different faces and artifacts - religion, society, politics, history, art, literature and philosophy. At the moment, this year, we are studing Classical Greek language and lit in translation. I am not naturally intelligent but am a hard worker. I tend to meander into offshoots too and these can be very rewarding.

Also trying to learn a little bookkeeping as I have always valued independence. My husband supports me.

In 2005 I was a pioneer!!!!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

First of all, quietlyleaving, you sound plenty intelligent to me!! Second of all, I have come to appreciate that nothing, and I do mean NOTHING trumps hard work. You rock!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Those of the kind of post that is GREAT to read

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great news, sister of mine!

Keep up the good and hard work.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit