How Cheap Are They? Well, .....

by metatron 3 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I noticed that the last inside page of the Jan. ( public) Watchtower asks a bunch of questions about Jonah and then (in bold type) offers this suggestion:

"If you don't have a Bible, read it online at www.watchtower.org"

I imagine this must be a generous boon to every inhabitant of mud huts, sitting on dirt floors, with their dual Pentium towers fed by DSL modems.

The Mormons would likely give you a copy of their (hilarious) tome for free. The American Bible Society or Gideons would probably come across with a freebee but not the cash-challenged folks at the WB&TS.

Hey you 7 million publishers! Send in your donations! The GB needs your cash!

metatron

• VM44
    VM44

Isn't The New World Translation now a paperback?

At least the version given to the public?

And I hear that the binding is rather cheap and doesn't hold up over time.

Is that true?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:And I hear that the binding is rather cheap and doesn't hold up over time.

That.

:And I hear that the binding doctrine is rather cheap and doesn't hold up over time.

That too!

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have had many a Bible fall apart after about a year--all of them Not Well Translated. And I have seen song books literally fall apart, sometimes within a year. And that was when they were hard bound.

Now they expect the witlesses to come up with real donations for the privilege of looking at the littera-trash online, or for the privilege of downloading a pdf file of the rags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit