My husband doesn't have a problem with celebrating New Year's

by doublelife 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelife
    doublelife

He's already celebrated this last Thanksgiving with me and today he asked me if I have any new year resolutions. I told him no, I hadn't given it much thought. He said he did and I asked him what they were. After he told me, I said, "Oh, I'm surprised. There is nothing wrong with it but I don't usually hear witnesses having new year resolutions." And then he said, "That's because witnesses don't celebrate New Year's." He never indicated since we've been married that he would be okay with celebrating certain holidays. But now that I no longer believe in this religion I'm surprised that certain holidays he seems to be okay with.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Maybe starting to see the light? I hope you can help him to see.

• Opus92
    Opus92

I hope he's moving away from the Witness teachings instead of demonstrating the double standards they hold. *crosses fingers for you and yours*

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

well, my teenage kids came to visit this weekend and said how they stayed up to watch the fireworks on TV, and then my little girl wished us happy new year.

she also wished my wife happy birthday lasy year.

mum must be losing her touch!

wonderful

Oz

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

The "top elder' at my moms congregation recently called her when my dad{been an elder for 25+ years}was in the hospital,and told her that my dad seemed to have 9 lives,like a cat..Isnt that sort of satanic in their way of thinking?Funny how its ok for one,but not the other...

• The Rapster
    The Rapster

He will not reject gifts. In fact, like so many JW's I have known, he will accept them for every occasion with open arms. Of course, he cannot give anything, this is against house policy.

So convenient, yes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit