Lifetime JW Choking on Lingo

by cameo-d 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Was talking to my JW friend the other day and she started to say something about "when we go out in service" but there was a definate pause after the word 'out' and instead of saying "in service" as she normally calls it....she said "door to door".

So I figure "out in service" and "door to door" mean the same thing. But still, why the pause? And why the change in words she does not normally use?

This is the second time I have noticed this recently. Last week she said something about "we'll just have to wait.." (I knew "wait on Jehovah" was coming....) but again, the definite pause and she said "wait....and see what happens."

What does this mean?

Is WT teaching a change of lingo around the "worldies" now?

I know it maybe sounds like I am making too much of this....but it was such a sudden difference in speech patterns that I took immediate notice.

• dissed
    dissed

"I know it maybe sounds like I am making too much of this..."

Could be, but on the otherhand.........is she having doubts?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Could be, but on the otherhand.........is she having doubts?

I have no idea. But I know if she did she would be too proud or too afraid to ever admit it. And I don't think it is something she would ever discuss.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sometimes when a new CO comes around he fixates on verbage and many pick up on it and follow thier lead. Could be some strong personality has imposed thier choice of words and it really means nothing more than your friend is an uber follower. W.Once

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is unnecessary. "Out in service" is supposed to be the broadest term. "Door to door" is a subset of "out in service"--the other subsets are "not at homes", "return visits", "calls", "street work", "bus stops" (or wherever else they pick on groups of waiting people), and "studies". If they are replacing "out in service" with "door to door", that is going to eliminate all the other facets of field circus (I hope), eliminating the return visits, 5:30 AM street work, and studying.

And those damn phone calls and letter writing drives that waste so much money on cell phone minutes and postage stamps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit