How are you starting the year? Doin something cool? Way different than when you were a dub?

by wanderlustguy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I'm good at the pity party, can have fantastic events of this because I'm the guy that has to remind himself everything is getting better.

I was in a good one for a few weeks lately, but then I realized I don't have much to be sad about. Compare to where I was 6 years ago, my life is far better than I ever could have imagined. Tomorrow morning I'll be getting on a flight to go work for MTV. I would never have dared even dream of being on that flight when I was a witness. My paradise now will be when I own my home sitting in the middle of the mountains and sit on the porch with hot chocolate or coffee, and breathe in the peace.

How far have you gone towards being happy since you have been out, mentally? What is your paradise now?

WLG

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

WLG,

As weird as it may sound, I have become a bouncer after leaving. Now don't get me wrong, I have a REAL job too, but for some reason, I like working as a bouncer. It gives me something to do on the weekends, I have a whole new group of younger friends who look up to me and do not judge me. And rather than be one of those tough "chip on their shoulder" type bouncers, I can reason pretty darn good even with the drunk. So tonite (New Years) I will be out babysitting the intoxicated, listening to great music, looking at hot women who are turned on by a man in charge (and therefore I will be getting groped) and able to just be me. I find that it is relaxing to come home and unwind afterwards. My children come over every 2 weeks and they are totally cool with it.

The funny thing is, when I was in the KH, the elders used to always get me to stand behind them when they wanted to harass a DF'd one or a "troublemaker" because of my intimidating size. I always thought that it was a form of bullying then and didn't like it. Now, I have no problem with it in a bar, but at a JW function, it seems unloving. I remember doing it (bouncing) when I was younger and I was looked down at because of it. Now, who cares, it ain't like I am pretending to care about a man made religion anymore.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

based on current events.... with a hangover!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:How are you starting the year? Doin something cool? Way different than when you were a dub?

Almost everything I do every hour of every day is way different than when I was a dub.

Farkel

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    I can reason pretty darn good even with the drunk.

I guess you got somthing out of that goofy cultish organization the ability to reason with drunks.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit