March 15, 2010 Watchtower -- "One Flock, One Shepherd"

by sd-7 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

March 15, 2010 Watchtower, p. 27, par. 16 ("One Flock, One Shepherd"):

"Paul also helps us to understand that those with an earthly hope do not partake of the Memorial emblems. [Wow, putting words in Paul's mouth...] He said to anointed Christians [although he just thought of them as plain old Christians]: "For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives." (1 Cor. 11:26) When does the Lord 'arrive'? When he comes to take the last of his anointed bride class to their heavenly home. (John 14:2, 3) Clearly, the annual observance of the Lord's Evening Meal is not to continue endlessly...If, though, those who will live forever on earth were entitled to partake of the emblems, then this Memorial meal would need to continue forever."

Uh, excuse me?! Did they not just quote the Bible as clearly saying the Lord's Evening Meal would be done "until the Lord arrives"? So what possible basis would there be for saying that under ANY circumstances, the Memorial would have to continue forever? We won't need to proclaim the death of the Lord once he has arrived! What would be the logic on this, exactly? Even in my cult identity, I can't figure it out. Maybe it's just a lame excuse for continuing to withhold the bread and wine from the 'other sheep' after having already established in this same article that they symbolically represent "the twelve tribes of Israel". I guess it was the only possible way to dodge the clear implication that if the 'other sheep' deserve that designation, there is no logical reason that they're not part of the "Israel of God" and thus worthy of partaking. What part of "one flock, one shepherd" did they not understand? Worse yet, are they therefore suggesting that Jesus never really 'arrives' for the 'other sheep', but only for THEM? That's an even bolder implication than any of the others. That's just disturbing.

I don't know if I can even put into words the absurdity of this statement. Who sat down, wrote this, read it and decided it was a good idea to hit 'Print' and allow this to be read to 7,000,000 people? (sigh) It's driving me crazy. I mean, we know the answer to that question, but...geez, people, at least give the other sheep SOMETHING other than the carrot of paradise earth to hold onto. I mean, it's reached a point where they really need to let the 'other sheep' partake. The saddest thing that comes of all this? If or when they finally allow that, the 'other sheep' will be crying tears of joy and be eternally grateful to the SLAVE CLASS for permitting them to have what JESUS, the MASTER, freely offered them from the beginning.

SD-7

• cantleave
    cantleave

I found this WT very disturbing too. A poster on here suggested it is paving the way for "Noo Lite" and I agree that there is a great deal of ambiguity which could take a number of directions in the future.

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone knows Jesus arrived in 1914 or 1918 or 1919. We're in Christ's presence.

• sir82
    sir82
    If, though, those who will live forever on earth were entitled to partake of the emblems, then this Memorial meal would need to continue forever."

Umm, why exactly would it need to do so?

They are desperately trying to stem the tide of "new anointed". As the number climbs past 10,000, and well on its way to 20,000 or more, it will raise questions in the minds of the R&F about the validity of teaching that the 144,000 is literal.

If there were 10's of thousands of "true anointed ones" in the 1st century, and in the 1930's, and in the 21st century, as well as many thousands more between 100 AD and 1879 AD, how exactly does that add up to only 144,000?

Although it's odd that this is in the March WT and won't be studied until May or so, well after the 2010 Memorial.

• minimus
    minimus

They'll stop posting the number partaking.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I like my picture of this alien Crab guy

• undercover
    undercover

Speaking of which... (not the alien crab guy but minimus' post - cross posting)

Has last year's partaker numbers been released yet? It used to come out in the February WT, IIRC, but if they're not doing that anymore shouldn't it be in the yearbook as well? Hasn't it come out yet?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I know, it's a very disturbing article. I was disgusted with the way they continually beat the "other sheep" into submissive morons for their enjoyment.

If or when they finally allow that, the 'other sheep' will be crying tears of joy and be eternally grateful to the SLAVE CLASS for permitting them to have what JESUS, the MASTER, freely offered them from the beginning.

And thus they will be denied eternal life because they didn't listen to the Master, but instead followed their False Prophet wherever it went.

• Chalam
    Chalam

So what's the full scoop? The title looks interesting, "One Flock, One Shepherd".

Are they going to try and further confuse the JWs with their previous two flock, two shepherd teaching?!

Blessings,

Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird

Curse the WT to time indefinite for its blasphemous teaching that has divided those seeking the Savior!

Amen.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit