2010 predictions!

by bohm 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Here are my predictions for 2010:

• Ted Jarez will not pass away. This will prevent any major reforms or restructuring and very much make this another "buisness as usual" year.
    • New light on blood: There will be an article on blood; it will change the blood policy in a minor way as to loosen it up, but that will not be explicitly stated. It will continue to be horrible contradictory, but fewer people will be DF'ed.
    • This years drama will again have a modern theme, and the internet (youtube, google or facebook) will be mentioned as a joke one way or another. The focus of the convention will be on family and equating family with congregation.
    • The non-study edition of the watchtower and awake will merge.
    • There will be another major layoff to streamline the printing-process to bring down cost.
    • JCannon will reappear in a new reincarnation. He wont have learned to sing, though.
    • A much smaller rise in the number of partakers in the memorial than the past years.

Okay, pretty lame predictions, but right now i feel the WT is torn between being a company and a religion, and does not know where to put its feet. Besides, im a noob without apostate-superpowers and my chrystal ball is broken. I would have loved to look at the 09 prediction threads, but i could not find any. Please fill in your own predictions so we have something to laugh at in a year!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

The sun will rise on the 1st January 2010

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

You have now given the Governing Body a road map for

2010. You are the source of new light.

Sour Grapes

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

I, too, have thought that they may merge the public WT and the Awake into one monthly magazine, though I don't know that it will be in 2010. Perhaps an announcement of that sort will be made during the coming year. Whenever they have made major printing changes in the past (such as making the Awake magazine monthly or splitting the Watchtower into public and private editions) they have started the new editions with the month of January. If there has been no notice to that effect thus far, I doubt it will happen until January of '11 at soonest.

I predict that this will either be the last year that they disclose how many have partaken at the memorial, or be the first year that they don't mention a specific number at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will realize that the witlesses are wasting too much time on coffee or doughnut breaks. They will print up something that "excessive breaks" (whatever that means) means you are not faithful to Jehovah, or outright ban them altogether. Then the warming up breaks--and cooling off breaks for summer or tropical climates. (Of course, they will not let "sisters" wear pants or long underwear in field circus, or buy more casual but much warmer clothing from L.L.Beans).

After Codex Alimentarius becomes law, they will make vitamins a disfellowshipping offense unless one has a doctor's prescription for same vitamins. Herbs, too.

If Osama Obama manages to get his fake energy crisis through and in place, the witlesses will view this as persecution from Satan and still waste energy in their Kingdumb Hells and in field circus.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Armageddon won't come again.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

jamie....out on a limb there! What about 2012 though?

My prediction: More of the same...

My "out on a limb prediction" No partaker number released for 2009. We should have heard something by now right!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Millions now living will die

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit