How was your Christmas?!?

by Butterflyleia85 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Ahhh what a wonderful time to get together with family and share presents and food.

How was your first Christmas?

• p.w.
    p.w.

Hello, I am totally new on here. Mine was good, how about yours?

I am still feeling a little weird or out of place during ALL holidays. I have beed DF'd for 10 years now but only recently have I realized that JW's might not have the truth after all...

Now I'm a mess trying to sort out what is fact and what is fiction. Life is so confusing! I am just tryignt o enjoy my family and teach my children love and understanding. My husband is "worldy" as they say but he has been my rock throught all of this.

Anyway, this has been the first Christmas that I sat back and actually enjoyed. I did have a nagging feelign og guilt but I let the joy of the Holiday override that feeling. It was nice. : )

• undercover
    undercover
    what a wonderful time to get together with family...

or not...

especially judgemental JW family who have perfected the snide comment into an art form...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    or not...
    especially judgemental JW family who have perfected the snide comment into an art form...

I accidently found out..

JW`s have no quick come-back for "F*ck Off!"

Other than a Blank Stare..

Embarrassed

................ ...OUTLAW

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Well it wasn't my first...that was in 1992... but this year was wonderful. 1 party Christmas eve and 2 on Christmas day. Family, good friends, good food, good wine...

And I don't go back to work until January 4

Lovin' it...

Coffee

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLY- How was yours ? My wife and I went over to her parents for dinner. Just a quiet weekend of watching movies and relaxing. I did split some firewood for 2 hours on Saturday just to work off the food I ate the night before ! LOL! But had a relaxing time. Plan on relaxing again New Year's weekend

• feenx
    feenx

Mine was pretty dang cool!! Fiance loved the things I gave her, and vice versa. Shared it with great friends, as well as family, relaxed, ate WAAAAAAY too much, lots of lost sleep with the new 6 wk old puppy. All in all, a fantastic 4 days :)

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I loved my fiance's dad's fireplace it was so festive. :)

p.w.I am still feeling a little weird or out of place during ALL holidays. Me too. But I just think... Well it's for the family and I don't think God will kill me even if it was wrong... I'm still re-examining my beleifs as well. I been out for almost two years. But yeah I had a wonderful time this Christmas with my fiance's family.

undercover aww... yeah I remember those days. Before I had my fiance, I was single and all my friends had family to go too. perfected the snide comment into an art form What kind of comment did they make? I know what you mean though. Their comment to me was... well you know what to do to get back in and turned the other way. But that takes time I thought and what was going to help me then was company before I went stur crazy.

OUTLAW hahaha... yelp but they think it, they are just to afraid to say it. They got an image to keep up and have to look like angels. The sad thing is they find other ways to remain in good standards yet hurt others.

coffee_black that's nice! I did the same. I went to my fiance's grandparents on Christmas eve then to his dad's Christmas morning and then four hours the other direction to his mom's family the day after Christmas. It was nice and fun! Your lucky! My fiance had to go into work yesterday but he took off today and is playing Wow (World of Warcraft) upstairs. lol

flipper that sounds nice, mine was really busy. And was thinking if my family did celebrate holidays how crazy it would be! we would have four families to go too.

feenx awesome!! I totally agree! And my fiance's family was so generous and loving! I loved all the gifts I recieved too! They were so sweet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit