Gratifying example of pre programmed response

by creativhoney 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• creativhoney
  • creativhoney
    creativhoney

it does this every time a blank post.

anyway

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091227155856AALoZte&r=w#IpAuI0O5Jlnv3bjqdrnj

Im Multimediagal.. the quote in stars added after - the question...

Where in the bible does it say that we cant have blood transfusions. pertaining to Jehovah's witnesses?

my answer

in the book of Acts it says abstain from blood. most people would say that means eating it.
    witnesses often cite an example saying if you were alcoholic you wouldnt ingest it in your veins, and so thats how they argue.
    however, if you used an alcohol wipe would that be wrong?

- the bible also says blood is life, - it says there is no greater gift than laying your life down for your brother....

so you could also argue the bible says you should give blood, - very ambiguous. - I was raised as a JW. I do not and cannot agree with this. - its another way of cuttiing off their members to alienate you from society.

then underneath....

Acts 15:28,29 28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”
    How does this not cover blood transfusions? If your doctor told you to abstain from alcohol would that mean you could shoot it directly into your bloodstream? Course not. It's quite simple.

he mustnt have read that i had pre empted exactly what a witless would say....

I added...

***and there is my proof - absolute robotic JW response below, using the exact illustration I said they would.. ***

witnesses dont tell you they accept blood fractions.. - not sure how that pertains to the alcohol illustration... ?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Ha! Well done!

I love The Pre-Programmed response, and its ugly sibling the Badly Botched WT Illustration. An example of this would be when my MIL was trying to explain why people die to her non-JW siblings. They just couldn't figure out why they were like unplugged oscillating fans. My wife and I just watched, shaking our heads. Just another example of how the WTS strips one's ability to think and reason!

zoiks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit