Two faced pedophile protecting abandoners of God. quotes from the wt & g

by Aussie Oz 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Just spent a little time going through the WT Lib 08. As expected, tons of attacks on the clergy. While aknowledging it can happen in the congregation, the impression is one of 'WE do the right thing'.I would have expected 'Gods Organization' to have trumpeted fromthe roof tops that they found a pedophile in their midst and outed them. Now it would seem there is no way they can afford to do what the Catholic church has been forced to do. Of course, this is old news to those effected by this evil deed and the covering ups of it.

The clergy have also denied God by turning their backs on his moral standards—as evidenced, for example, by a steady stream of lawsuits against pedophile priests. WT 12/1 94

So, lawsuits are evidence of turning backs to God!

Edit; i had more quotes but the page cut them off! sorry

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Another reason to keep it swept under the carpet is that there are so many naive JWs who associate the Church(especially the Catholic Church) with corruption, inhumanity and perversion, and the JW organisation with purity, humanity and virtue. This forms part of the 'evidence' that JWs are the true religion and the Churches are apostates, and as a consequence keeps their faith strong. This was exactly how I thought, I couldnt conceive of any JWs molesting children, let alone elders or even GB members! I thought JWs were 'better' than the 'worldly' people, who I grew to view as the walking dead, doomed people with no hope, non-humans in fact (how could they be worthy of my love and consideration if they were scheduled for destruction - 'dead in the world'? ). I also assumed Christ ruling over his congregation (invisibly of course :) ) would not allow men to perpetrate these kinds of heinous crimes, or at least punish and oust them from his midst as soon as they did anything of this nature.

It turns out though, that all the time the watchtower and awake were pointing the finger at the Churches for their protection of paedophiles and covering up of sexual molestation, they were doing exactly the same thing. They were no different from the Churches at all!!! If I had known this at the time it might not of enduced me to break free from the brainwashing, but it would have got me asking questions, and might well have gotten me so angry I might have left out of sheer disgust. I think the best thing that can happen from these tragic instances of child abuse, is that JWs wake up to the fact that the WT is just as corrupt as any other in the spectrum of religions out there. Their claims of purity can be debunked, and I hope these cases get as much publicity as possible!

• carla
    carla

marking for quote thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit