The indoctrination of CHILDREN

by LDH 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Did anyone catch Primetime (or was it Dateline) the other night about how the Islamic militants build terrorists? The focus was on a special school somewhere in Pakistan, I think.

The way the indoctrination was carried out was eerily similar to the way JW children are raised. The Islamic children heard a CONSTANT chorus of how 'right' the Muslims are and how WRONG the rest of the world is.

When the reporter asked the children the simplest of questions, the brainwashing came through loud and clear. EVERYTHING was about how the whole world (except of course for Islamic militants) manipulates the media and why you can't trust ANYONE except the leadership to get you the whole story. The whole thing was sad.

But the saddest part of all, was the whole brainwashing process started based on how superior they were to the rest of the world.

Strike you as familiar? To deny a child a THOROUGH education (see Scully's post) is just as much brainwashing as repeating cult mantras over and over.

Lisa

• DB
    DB

Lisa, I did not see the program to which you are referring, but the comparison can be made. Of course, there are other religions which do the same thing, but yeah, I see the correlation. Thanks for the post!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Lisa-

I did not see Primetime, however, I read the paper and news weeklies, faithfully. All have shown the Islamic schools you wrote about. They are learning Islam and nothing else. No science or math, etc.

The girls are getting it even worse. Little or no education.

There is a definite correlation. When I was in school, reading the newest Awake and Watchtower was more important than any school work I had. I could rattle off JW info, however, I could not (and still can't) do long division...without a calculator.

What these children in these fundamentalist schools are learning is what we were taught as JW kids. Only JW's have the answer and everyone else cannot be trusted. It is so clearly similar, it is scary. I recall getting in a fight as a kid, because I said something bad about Catholics. The other girl cleaned my clock for my stupidity!

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

LDH: Hola como estas?

Interesante post, pues que esperas de los padres? Ellos le enseƱaran a sus hijos lo que ellos creen. La diferencia en los testigos es que le estan enseƱando algo bueno, verdades Biblicas. Cuando crecen, esos jovenes pueden decidir si creer o no.

• Christina77
    Christina77

YoYoMama -

I agree with you but, I am just curious as to how many others on this board will understand you posting in spanish?

Christina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit