Give Jehovah our life

by life is to short 8 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK we all know about the sick misleading quote of the February study adduction of the WT on page 16 where they blatantly lie and say the the talk was "Millions Now Living May Never Die" and right next to it they have the audacity to put the tract they use that says "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" but in that same WT they talk about giving our lives to the religion. Not God but the religion. Just double talk like usual.

On page 18 it talks about Daniel and it says "Daniel was willing to die rather than neglect his spiritual routine. What about us?" What spiritual routine? The one that the Faithful Slave tells us we need to have to keep us overly busy? Really we need to die for that??????

Then on page 28 it say again in talking about baptism "Give Jehovah your most valuable physical possession-your life. Show that you intend to do God's will by following his Son."

Is it just me or are these not scary subtle hints that we need to die for the WT not God but the WT and what the Faithful Slave tells us. Jump when they say to jump don't ask question just what on Jehovah for the new light but give our lives in the mean time.

Pass the cool aid please.

LITS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Let me ask you this, if someone chooses to belive that nonsense, who's fault is that?

The people/person spewing it or the people/person that doesn't give the effort to find out if what is being spewed is the truth?

• life is to short
    life is to short

The point I was trying to make is yes if someone whats to believe that nonsense fine but many are truly mislead to believe it. Many, many on this board were born in and that is all we heard all of our lives. Some just can not get the effort to "find out what is being spewed is the truth" or not until they grow up are able to get away and think for themselves with out all the garbage being put into their minds week after week. So many born inm have lost a lot of their lives because they had no chose as kids. Sad I think. LITS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

ISTS,

I understand your sadness, I have family that is like that so I know of the sadness first hand.

Yet, I also know that as much as I blame the WT, the fact is my family CHOSE to believe them and continue to do just that, regardless of how much I ( for example) show them they are in error.

The believe they are in the truth regardless of anythign else, who's fault is that in this day and age of information ?

• flipper
    flipper

PSACRAMENTO- The witnesses ARE TOLD they CANNOT receive information outside the witness cult. Your relatives don't accept information from you because they are taught you are influenced by Satan. So it's easy to figure out why witnesses WILL NOT research on their own or LISTEN to outside sources. They are controlled to feel that way out of " fear " instilled by the WT society as they will be shunned and " punished " by the organization thus cutting them off from their families if they research OUTSIDE of the WT society publications. Or die, allegedly, at Armageddon.

I was born and raised inside this insane cult from birth. In 44 years until 6 years ago. It's not the rank and file witness I'm angry with - it's the leaders of the WT society mainly to blame for mind control tactics they put upon the robotic individual witness. They are programmed to turn their minds off to survive in the WT cult.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Your thread is very timely especially right now as the WT society is using jargon which tells witnesses to " give their life " to the witness cult. And in fact, witnesses some day may be required to do JUST THAT. Maybe THAT'S why they said in their article you " MAY " live forever not " WILL " live forever. Because they know they'll guilt witnesses into dying for the magazine printing company. But they are deceptive also and DO NOT want the newbie rank and file witness to BE AWARE of the WT society's past. So they change their past by changing the wording.

In essence like Steve Hassan says - Jehovah's Witnesses are kept under " information control " and are warned and threatened NOT to seek ANY outside information about the WT society on the internet. So if a person is threatened and harassed, brought up before a judicial committee with the threat of disfellowshipping and told they will die at Armageddon- I'd say that's a pretty coercive tactic to make witnesses NOT do research , don't you think ? Good thread sis, very timely

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LITS,

You bring out some very good points. I think back years ago when I beleived all that stuff and answer yes i would have died for the organization.

On page 18 it talks about Daniel and it says "Daniel was willing to die rather than neglect his spiritual routine. What about us?" What spiritual
    routine? The one that the Faithful Slave tells us we need to have to keep us overly busy? Really we need to die for that??????

Yes the WT really wants the JWs to keep indoctrinating themselves. I can still remember how the year book back in the 70's would tell how the brothers in Nazi Germany would be willing to sacrifice their lives to copy a WT and pass it on to other JWs. Very heavy duty shit to keep the JWs studying their WTs.

Then on page 28 it say again in talking about baptism "Give Jehovah your most valuable physical possession-your life. Show that you intend to do
    God's will by following his Son."

Yes, that is real scary when you contemplate how far and were they might go with Jehovah's insatiable desire to have your best.

Is it just me or are these not scary subtle hints that we need to die for the WT not God but the WT and what the Faithful Slave tells us. Jump when
    they say to jump don't ask question just what on Jehovah for the new light but give our lives in the mean time.
    Pass the cool aid please.

Well the tract record of the Wt demanding your life is evident in their no blood policy with the pain of DF'n for those who brazenly don't conform when their life is threaten.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

In WTS latest publications they seem as if they apply Jehovah to GB!! So as long as jws do GB's will they're promised to make it into paradise. No wonder there is so many that don't care what the bible says because what GB says overwrites any logic or content found in the bible.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I agree, - people who have been brought up with it as reality know nothing else. - we all accept the reality we are presented with - all of us who left, generally did so because we werent following all the rules, - we looked outside or we had 'worldly' friends. - if we didnt we would probably still accept the reality we were presented with. some people dont have any other education other than the KH platform too, so they blindly accept what is fed to them. - its not necessarily their fault. religious fear is a very powerful thing for many.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

CH,

You make a good point. In actuality I see us all, GB included as victims of victims. Many of us were raised with belief in the Bible Deity and were taught things when we didn't know any better. So we were programed faulty from a very innocent age when we didn't have tools for critical thinking and so we just accepted and accepted without too many questions.

When I read a little bit of the WT or some other Wt publication it all seems so stupid now, but back years ago it was god's word to me then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit