Missing District Conventions

by FreeAtLast1914 3 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

In my case, even after I stopped attending meetings, my family still had contact with me, though it became stranger and more awkward as the months went by. But it all fell apart rapidly after I missed the DC and my wife went without me (to appease her parents who were in attendance). She was seriously love-bombed, but it didn't work because the "friends" had already shown their true colors and she was beginning to see there was no real love there.

I didn't use the excuse of work or anxiety. I simple refused to go. This was the turning point in my familial contact. All but a couple began shunning me, even threatening to walk out of the room if I were to show up at family events. Mind you, I have yet to be DF'd, DA'd, or even before a committee. They seem to have taken it on themselves to act this way.

The funny part is that I had already (at that time) stopped going to meetings for three years! But the final straw was to miss the DC?

My question: Is there something mystical about the importance of District Conventions to JWs?

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the final straw was missing the memorial..................

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

We did that right off. Missing the memorial, that is. Once you know something's wrong, it's wrong to continue to support it in any way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I started missing Grand Boasting Sessions after 2001, but I went to local boasting sessions and field circus for a while after that. And nothing simply for missing the Grand Boasting Session.

Then, I missed the REJECT Jesus Party in 2006 (and got a Ouija board instead of going). None of the witlesses saw the Ouija board. And now it is the end of 2009, and I am sure I am due for a major hounding call, with physically getting recaptured by being dragged into the Kingdumb Hell and field circus, without warning--and with no window of opportunity to close on them.

Of course, I do not have family in and am only fading so as to waste their time and energy worrying about whether or not I am going to return. After all, if the hounders think they are accountable to Jehovah for my blowing off all the boasting sessions and not going out in field circus, they are going to lose sleep worrying about getting me back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit