Shocked?

by outcast 4 Replies latest jw friends

• outcast
    outcast

Taken from . http://www.jwzone.org/

I am completely SHOCKED!
    Local news just reported this morning that the man suspected of killing his wife and three children on the Oregon Coast, was a recently disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness. His name is Christian Longo.

He is still at large, and "America's Most Wanted" is headed out to Oregon to film an episode to help bring him to justice.

I was half awake when the news story started, but BOLTED awake when I heard this part. I am, quite frankly, still in shock.

Ben 'Jammin'

Notify Security officer of this post

01-02-2002 04:42 PM

Conn Officer
    Dimitri

Thats terrible.

Happens often here, but never a JW involved of course.

He must be a bit looney in the head. Its just a shame people do stupid things and bring reproach on Jehovahs name.

Though i hope they stressed "EX" Jehovahs Witness.

Assimilation is the Key to Success

01-02-2002 07:04 PM

Major
    jammindude

They did indeed stress that the man had been "excommunicated" from "the religion".

However there was apparantly some question as to whether or not the anguish of the disfellowshipping was somehow involved. Apparently, it was not something that was a long time past but just recently done.

I'm concerned as to how that will be portrayed when it comes down to the recreation on America's Most Wanted.

Ben 'Jammin'

01-02-2002 07:09 PM

Security Chief
    Granmoogie

I just read an article on it. It states Longo was disfellowshipped in the summer of 2000 because of legal problems.

http://aa.mlive.com/news/index.ssf?...15a1longo01.frm

In another article I saw, it mentioned that he was disfellowshipped in Michigan. (Thanks Bunky)
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...6_longo02m.html

"Redundant warnings are infinitely preferable to errors."........Spock

01-02-2002 10:10 PM

Major
    jammindude

Thank you so much for that clarification!

I guess the DFing was not as recent as the local news made it seem.

Ben 'Jammin'

01-03-2002 01:38 AM

Conn Officer
    KriHavoc

Local news has a knack for pointing out minor things as major. oh well what are ya gonna do. Just goes to show that when people leave the truth they really LEAVE THE TURTH. Just about everyone I know that has been DF'd never just puts a foot in the world, but leaps headlong into it like a swan dive into an empty swimmingpool. Sad but true......

01-03-2002 06:44 AM

Conn Officer
    Dimitri

I know a family here who were like all pioneers, millions of hours in the field, kids gave talks like they where professional presenters etc. etc.

The whole family was DF'd (those who were baptised) and I heard last week that a family member (also a Witness) went to their house and they had a HUGE Christmas tree, christmas lights everywhere and loads of presents under the tree.

Now how can people sit there in that house - and not be bugged to death by the consience? Because they MUST know its wrong.

Assimilation is the Key to Success

01-03-2002 07:25 AM

Holodeck Programmer
    ManofTrueGod

Sometimes some folks just couldn't care anymore. Compromising acts no longer bother their conscience. Sad, indeed ...

"If Jehovah is the true God go following him."
    --- Elijah at Mount Carmel

• terafera
    terafera
    Just about
    everyone I know that has been DF'd never just puts a foot in the world, but leaps headlong
    into it like a swan dive into an empty swimmingpool. Sad but true......

damn... just when I thought I was normal.. I guess I better go get ready to massacre a bunch of innocent people. I'm in the world now, darnnit!

:P

Tera

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

As soon as it is made public that a Jehovahs Witless has done something which may bring reproach upon Jehovahs Organisation, that person is automatically a DAed or DFed person.

The fact that many elders beat their wifes and kids is ok so long as the public don't find out.

Go figure?

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• Prisca
    Prisca

Good point OT.

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

" to show that when people leave the truth they really LEAVE THE TURTH"

Yeah! Leave that turth!

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit