Well my "winter' yard decorations have caught the Elders attention !!!!!

by troubled mind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Love the decorations.

So... let me get this straight... They saw your decorations - and decided to stop by - and remind you of the meeting time changes?

I would've asked them why it took them 4 frickin years to get up the nerve to stop by.

Then slam the door in their faces.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. If you really wanted to have fun with them - ask them why they are wearing miliraristic ties... or pagan wedding bands? Throw the burden of 'proof' on them. Put them on the defensive.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have been thinking about what I want to say if he returns . It will either be short and sweet "I don't feel the need after four years of inactivity to explain anything about my personal life with you . Do not bother yourself coming back again ."

or

I might try to have a real conversation with him ,not that it will do any good ,but he and his wife use to be good friends to us . I would like him to understand some of the reasons I had for leaving in the first place and how disturbing it was for me to realize how shallow the brother hood really was . It would be good to really be able to have a real conversation with him ,but I am not sure he is truly capable of it w/o brainwashing kicking in .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Here are some of my inside decorations ,think they would have got the hint if I just let them in ????

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

Just say "I appreciate your concern, but I don't want to talk about it." If you have their email, I would email them to head off any other visits so you are not caught off guard.

• What-A-Coincidence
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks W-A-C ...I should print that picture off and put it in the middle of the wreath on my door :)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just string up twinkling Christmas lights that spell out...

ASK ME ABOUT 607 BCE

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO WATCHTOWER!

WAC - FORMER WALLKILL AND BROOKLYN BETHELITE - IT DEPARTMENT

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

According to historians, wreaths have had a special place in pre-Christian era itself. It is said that in Eastern Europe, people used to illuminate wreaths made of evergreen leaves in winters, with the belief that it would bring spring and sunshine.

Tell them the wreath is just a little somthing to bring cheer to the gloomy winter and the reindeer is there because you like animals. Then tell them it must just be a conincidence that it happens to be Christmas. Then point out that the wreath is the same shape as their wedding rings.

LD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

... and that the wreath is shaped like the letter O, as in the middle of...

Jeh O vah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit