Found 2 former ex-JW (girl) friends and...

by tresdecu 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

They are doing wonderful. Thriving in fact! I put 'girl' in ( )'s because they were not my girlfriends. :-) We hung out with mutual friends...and were at "get-togethers" together. One was a pioneer and the other a 'strong' rank and file (always at meetings, last min tms list, underlined Wt etc, reg on sat svc...you know what I mean.) They are both in their 30s now...and the kind, if you were to know they would ever be out, you'd be in disbelief.

They have good friendships now, real friends. They have happy lives. They are involved in community service (real service) They are just really good people, and I am proud that they have made a life away from JWs. Good for them, and good for all of you, who are moving on with your life.

It gives me hope, that one day I can live a normal 'rest of my life' and not worry about Jahs wrath. (I say that tounge-in-cheak) The only thing I am convinced of now is that what will happen will happen, and I can't change it. All I can do is work at being a good person. These two girls gave me some refreshing hope that there is a good life out there with all the "evil" worldly people. (lol)

(Im still in for family, if you are wondering....I have my rank and file wife on a 5 year plan for fading, although she doesn't know it ;-)

take care and peace out (oh crap that's mr. flippers line)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is plenty of proof that certain ones who leave this organization completely do quite well,

who live a good wholesome life and who are a asset to their family and community, I know of a few myself.

Mind you there are a few as well that didn't do so well and that might have been due to the

confining oppression that religions like this can have on to people. The best course to take is chart yourself

with a clear direction to where your going and stick to it, unfadingly.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

trueone - well said, I wish you luck too! btw, I was in BC once...very beautiful up there.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes its beautiful country up here, its a bit disheartening though being that we had the sunniest and warmest summer in

decades to now be locked into the dead dark cold of winter , oh well you cant do anything about mother nature,

you have to take what you get.

• dig692
    dig692

Very encouraging story tresdecu! Thanks for posting.

I too hope to someday be free of the WTS to be my own person and live my own life and do the things that I feel are important to being a good person. Best wishes to you and your wife on her 5 yr fade plan

-Dig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit