A thought provoking video that says allot about the Watchtower Corporation

by The Almighty Homer 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Here's a video that has something real to say about the WTS Corporation and the JWS .

It hits at the heart of what many JW children may feel being a JW.

Being enslaved to corruption is never a good thing is it ?

The WTS truly indoctrinates people into mental illness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsWnE-apEiM&feature=fvw

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Powerful. Brought a literal tear to my eye.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Great video. It resonates for us who have escaped!

But those inside are NON-THINKERS primarily so they are as happy as can be having found the "true religion."

People who think and who are honest feel the oppression. Those with empty minds feel nothing but the superficial.

LS

• recovering
    recovering

OH I think that is not true. Those inside are not happy, I think they are terrified and miserable.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

For most of the people I felt there was a social aurora of depression and anxiety,

being continually reminded that a great and violent death was about to occur in the imminent Armageddon,

has got to be responsible for this, but thats exactly what the orchestrators of the WTS are trying to do,

its a direct effort to help in the circulation of their literature sales and financial support.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I was promised: Happiness and joy. Fulfillment. And, while I was on my way in, they made false promises. They also created the illusion of new experiences--playing the Bible Washtowel Trivia "game(??)", studying, boasting sessions, field circus, and the like were new. As was the first REJECT Jesus Party, the first Grand Boasting Session, and the first time I got to ride around the territory.

What I received: Broken promises. They made sure the opposite sex would reject me, after promising the exact opposite. They claimed that the a$$emblies were representative of the New Dark Ages in the littera-trash and from the platform, only to tell me that I could not go by the a$$emblies as a guideline for what the New Dark Ages would be likel

I also received (and everyone else receives) stagnation. After a few years, it was more of a drudgery to prepare for a Grand Boasting Session than a joy to go. Regular boasting sessions were nothing more than a drudgery, wasted time. I also had to waste time in field circus, and it was nowhere near as joyful after the novelty wore off. They told me that pio-sneering would be a new experience--and hounded me to the point where it would have been spiritually impossible to do it with proper motive. Pio-sneering is not a new experience. Rather, it is a narrowing of experiences so you lose everything else but field circus. No more worth it than trying smoking would have been--in both cases, I have had enough "sample" (second hand smoke, and regular field circus) to realize that I did not want it a billion times more concentrated.

Also, there is no real joy in having someone studying. After a while, you realize that you are going to have to go on this call, no matter what--even if you have something major come up. And, many of the ugly men I placed littera-trash with, I almost puked just thinking of going back for another call, let alone having to go back some 30 or 40 times more to make sure he got baptized (plus having to kiss his a** to keep him coming back). All so Jehovah can claim to have blessed you when all He did was bless Himself at your expense by using you to bring someone new into the cancer.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The real tear jerker is that the young woman who made that video was mentally and physically abused as a teenager while trying to escape the cult. She made a video about it a while back.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not to mention that they insinuated that someone could, if kept celibate, do more than himself plus kids. They wanted me to do that--which I did not look forward to even trying (I dogged it because I wanted it to be a complete fiasco for them and Jehovah). This is not only practically impossible, but mathematically impossible. Myself, I can only be in one place at a time--if two people in different parts of the territory wanted studies at 2 PM, one of them was out of luck. If I had kids, I could be at one of them and one of the kids could take the other at the same time. And, if I could do a certain number of hours a month, and kids could do even 1 more second, the total would always be greater than what i could do alone.

On top of that, they wanted me to do more than myself plus kids. They just didn't get it--if you add two positive numbers, the sum is always going to be greater than either of the addends. They wanted me to be better--but, what if I did 720 hours and 720 studies in a month? (And it was the maximum amount I theoretically could have done.) You have kids doing just one second during that month--for me to just equal that, it would take longer than the month itself. But, how am I to do more? If that month has only 720 hours, there is no way I can do more than 720 hours during that month myself, yet kids could collectively add more. And, it grows geometrically--in a few generations, there could well be more than 720 children who each only needs to do 1 hour a month to tie my 720 alone, and they could be in 720 places at a time against my one.

Needless to say, there was no joy in even attempting such a mathematically impossible challenge, just so that Jehovah could have an excuse to say that my celibacy produced the "desired" result.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Men exploiting others on the foundation of ignorance and fear in a hidden effort of empowerment.

Its a shame and a disgust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit