Habits. Good, Bad and the power to change.

by Open mind 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

One of the benefits of mentally breaking free of JWism is that, if you allow it, at least twice a year you are provided with an external prodding to take stock of your life: Your Birthday and New Year's.

So, what single good habit would you most like to cultivate in the near future?

Also, if you're so inclined, share the good habits that have benefited you most.

On the dark side, what bad habits have you dropped or are still struggling to leave behind.

Finally, what "bad" habits have you resigned yourself to, if any?

Oh, and, have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

My not quite New Year's resolution is to make sure I get at least 15 minutes of daily exercise. I started today.

om

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

I would like to make more time to help those in need. I have really enjoyed some opportunities to actively help some needy people through some organizations that are especially active during the holiday season, but I want to seek out more opportunities to volunteer in other ways too, making an impact on the environment, my community, etc. One habit that I have pretty much resigned myself to is that it's unlikely that I will ever give up sweets totally. No matter how unhealthy they may be, I just love my desserts. :o) Like you, I also want to improve my exercise regimen...partly to counteract those desserts I can't give up. :o)

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

well, really, i dont want to change a thing.

I like my good habits of working hard, saving, doing the dishes and loving my wife, being kind, polite and punctual

I like my bad habits of getting tattoos, customs and hotrods, swearing and looking at pretty women

I dont make or need new year resolutions.

I AM FREE

Oz

• JAFO
    JAFO

New good habits? Hmmm... nah.. pretty happy with what I have already.. I like myself as I am - it took a long time to get to that point, so I'm in no hurry to mess with what isn't broken.

And... I thoroughly enjoy every one of my bad habits, so I plan keeping them, thanks all the same..

Edit:

Just looking at the pics of my brother, Aussie Oz, and myself close together on the same page..

It makes it pretty obvious really.. he got the talent.. I got the good looks.. <evil grin>

sorry for the threadjack.. back to the Topic At Hand...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit