Is it possible for an Elder to get back his "priviledges" after being demoted?

by african GB Member 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aniron
    aniron

For example, if he was demoted due to one of his children(who are still under him) being DF'd or is no longer "exemplary".

We had an Elder whose daughter was pregnant before marriage to her Min Servant boyfriend.

He also had a son (Min Servant) who was caught smoking cannabis, and who later ran off and married a lap dancer.

Another son got publicly reproved.

Another daughter was reproved for "fornication" with her soon to be husband.

(Seemed the trend in the congregation that once they were engaged to marry they might as well start having sex)

This Elder only only "stepped down" years after the above events , when he was caught - Smoking!

Then returned a year later, mainly I heard because they were losing Elders.

I know of two Elders who committed adultery, disfellowshipped, divorced, remarried.

Both reinstated within a year, both returned to being Elders after another year.

But you can bet if some poor rank and file member did the same thing they would be out for years.

• freddo
    freddo

Yes he can get his "privileges" back.

It seems a bit tighter nowadays in the UK - as said above - if you resign (and if you subsequently would not have been removed anyway - BoE's are supposed to look at resignations of those who jump before they're pushed and ask themselves whether they would have removed the resigner had he stayed!) for over a year you will usually have to be an MS first. But you can often be an elder within 6 months to a year of that if your body like you.

If you are removed you have to be an MS first. If you are reproved and removed then you have to wait at least 3 years to be an MS first and usually (if there was no notoriety) it will be about 5 - 7 before you could be an elder from reproof date. If you are DF'd then it's a minimum of 5 years to be an MS from reinstatement and probably approaching a total of 7 - 9 to be an elder again.

In around about 2000(?) a procedure was brought in where "your kids could bring you down" - say you've got 4 kids living at home and one goes bad in jw terms - then unless the body really hate you you'll survive. (But they'll check if your family study was regular and if you ignored previous counsel to get junior in line then you might well be on your way.) If two kids "go bad" then you might lose your privs. If three, then it don't look good, buddy! And if all 4 go out then you're definitely gonna be toast!

I did hear rumour of a guy in Cornwall, England who couldn't cope with "the judicial stuff" but was prepared to be an MS and his body were enlightened enough to ask the branch in the UK who then allowed it in the late 1990's early 2000's but I cannot confirm that as I got it from a prominent know it all elder who seemed to be about 80% right in what he blabbed to me.

• Mary
    Mary

Absolutely. I know of one elder who was deleted (actually, he was given the option of uh, 'stepping down'), due to it becoming common knowledge that he banged his best friends' wife. He was furious at the demotion and actually screamed "..If I can't be an elder, there's no point in my even being here!"

He was hell bent and determined to get his position back so he and he power-seeking b#tch of a wife did all the right things: Quit their jobs and began pioneering; sucked the ass of the CO and all the other local bozos; never missed a meeting; repeated all the above over and over again for 5 years until they finally made him an elder again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit