Trying to remember a scripture about allowing men to interpret bible for us.

by wanderlustguy 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

There is a scripture that basically says we SHOULDN'T let men or a group of men interpret the bible for us... anybody remember what it is?

Thanks!

WLG

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

WLG- here is a parable for you

Matt 16:5-12

The yeast of the pharisees... the added words and teachings in the bible that are NOT scripture! this is why in Proverbs 23:23 it says to buy truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding...

Once you know and understand that the bible was written by mere men (and lying scribes)- then you wont need someone else to do your thinking/interpreting for you...

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

try ps 146;3 hope that helps

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

1 thes 5;21 , acts 17;11

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1 John 4:1 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

You have to make sure that your victim does not read the rest of the passage in context.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It isn't possible for there to be such a scripture as 'The Bible' would have had to have been compiled prior to the scripture being written.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

"It isn't possible for there to be such a scripture as 'The Bible' would have had to have been compiled prior to the scripture being written."

It exists, basically says to read the scriptures and form your own understanding, not allowing other people to create an interpretation for us...just can't remember exactly where it is.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Is it this? 1 John 2:27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

• teel
    teel

Maybe Hebrews 8:10,11?

10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
    after that time, declares the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their minds
    and write them on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
    or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest

This is a reference to Jeremiah 31:34 .

• sacolton
    sacolton

That scripture really does away with the whole door-to-door ministry. "No longer will a man teach his neighbor ..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit