I found some folks from my old congregation

by dinah 8 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Anita called me the other day and told me I would never believe who brought her brother's mail. It is a lady who was in my old congregation. Her and her husband were good folks. Anyway, I called them this afternoon. They could not believe that I actually remembered them.

It was a little sad. Of course, they are faded, but still treated as if they da'd. The Dad is full of regret for what he did to his kids. I tried to comfort him. I've got to find his son. I thought he was dead, but apparently he isn't, although Terry hasn't heard from him in over 3 years.

We talked about how hard it is on kids. Like I told Terry, you were just doing what you thought best at the time. These are such good folks. I'm so happy to have found them again after 25 years. They are still the same---inactive--praise the FSM.

Out of 15-20 kids in our congregation, only 1 or 2 are still in. How cool is that?

Now, I've got to find Bud.

• Satanus
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Cool.

S

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Fantastic

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Very cool. I had the opportunity to hook up with old friend's and it's been great. I'm sure u will find many ex "friends".

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- That is great you found some of your old friends to see they are out. This summer I re-connected with an old buddy I used to pioneer with in the early to mid 1980's. He and his wife and me and my ex-wife ( witness ) were real close in the early 80's. My buddy got divorced from his JW wife as I had also. He left the organization in 1990- remarried and the cool thing is both his 2 kids he had with his JW wife left the cult. So now he celebrates holidays with them. Pretty cool. We talk on the phone regularly now each month and have re-kindled our good friendship- just like we never lost it ! Me and Mrs. Flipper celebrate holidays with my son now too, still waiting on my JW adult daughters to get out. I'm still working on them. It takes time, but I'm patient. Hope you and your family are doin' well

• moshe
    moshe

On the flip side, I found an obituary for a girl who was in my high school who had become a JW , apparently within the last 25 years since I last belonged to that local KH. I would love to hook up with former JW's ( from my old KH's) that I used to nosh with.

• leavingwt
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Dinah,

Santa gave you an extra special present in the form of new/old friends this year.

Obviously, you've been a very good girl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit