Is This Unusual?

by TD 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

My JW wife went shopping last night for Christmas presents for the supervisors that report to her. Of course she didn't call them that, but we all know what a gift given by a manager on December 24 is....

Is this unusual/progressive/liberal by JW standards? I would say, "Yes" but I've been out of the loop for so long now.....

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't think it's unusual.

When I was in, I was always the one selected to go shopping for "needy" families with money our unit collected.

No problem.

Sylvia

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't think its a big deal, but if you have a extreme jw conscience it would be....

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I think it is unusual for the normal dub...but your wife would not want to look like "scrooge" to her peeps, so she may consider this their year end gift!

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I would say Yes.....

Most people I know would consider that the same as "supporting" the holiday.

I would think it would seriously bother the conscience of most average to conservative JW's.

I was always more of a liberal, so it wouldnt have bothered me in the least.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Last week's "Keep Yourself in God's Club Love" Congregation Bible Study material covered the question of whether a JW could accept a "Christmas Bonus". The bottom line was it's OK as long as the purpose of the giver wasn't blatantly to see if you would celebrate Christmas.

Putting myself in her position, I could easily understand the direction from "The Slave" to mean that it's OK for JW bosses to give year-end bonuses to their employees.

om

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I bet Brother Hounder would like to know about this. At the very least, it would be "stumbling others".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I used to throw a "Year End" party as most of my employees were dubs. I got some flack about it from some nosey Dubs. Like I was mimicking the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit