Blood Show on Discovery Channel

by ChuckD 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Did anyone happen to catch the show on the cable TV Discovery Health Channel this past weekend about blood? I tuned in mid-way through it, just in time to see them covering bloodless surgery planned for a JW woman. The patient was a very heavy, diabetic woman who needed heart surgery.

What I found interesting was that the patient refered to herself as a "Jehovah Witness" (sic) while the narrator of the program used the correct pronounciation. Usually it is the other way around.

I think I still have this segment of the show on my Tivo machine, in case anyone wants me to put it on tape for them.

• Tina
    Tina

would you do that for me Chuck? You're a doll! I'll send remuneration for tape etc. I'll mail you luv,thanks.Tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    What I found interesting was that the patient refered to herself as a "Jehovah Witness" (sic) while the narrator of the program used the correct pronounciation. Usually it is the other way around.

u must be easily ammused...do you enjoy watching paint dry??

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Tina, I am very sorry to say that my Tivo seems to have has erased the program to make room for some other stuff. I should have programmed it to keep it until I manually deleted it. The name of the program was "Cure or Kill?" or something like that. I'll keep me eye out for a rebroadcast, and get the whole program on tape if it comes around again.

Concerning NYT's comment, when I was a Witness, I found it annoying when people did not pronounce the name of the organization correctly. Don't you? I find that people who use the phrase "Jehovah Witness" usually don't know too much about them, and this phrase serves as a bit of a shibboleth.

Do you not find it odd that a Witness who was willing to subject themselves to such a risky procedure on the basis of their faith would be so ill-informed about the organization that they could not even say the name right?

• Tina
    Tina

lol Odd Chuck?
    Tell ya the truth luv,No! If the best study in contradictions and intelligence (behaviors too) aren't JW's then I don't know what is lol.

I can't think of any off hand,but the way many of them slaughtered the language in my cong was hysterical.Always a giggle for me there. :>
    I appreciate your kind offer. Many thanks! I rarely get any TV time in my life. nytele?<dismissive wave of the hand here > :> hugs,Tina

Vive Bene
    Spesso L'amore
    Di Risata Molto!!!

• Hojon
    Hojon

The lack of education really showed in our hall too. Some of the talks that were given were laughable. The speaker either couldn't pronounce words correctly, or made such rediculous analogies that it was difficult for to not laugh out loud at them.

I think I've seen part of that show, but didn't see the witness. Was it a rerun? Seems like I saw it about 6 months ago, but don't remember exactly.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    Concerning NYT's comment, when I was a Witness, I found it annoying when people did not pronounce the name of the organization correctly. Don't you?

ummm....no..but you being upset at people who may not know
    better does not surprise me.(personality trait).considering u are an anti now..

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Unlike you, perhaps, I think that someone should at least know the correct NAME of the organization if they are willing to put their life at risk for it.

• DB
    DB

I have heard it mispronounced many times, by jws as well as non-dubs.

Some people of certain ethnic or racial extractions have trouble with some of the terms; i.e. "Jehover", "Revelations" (the Bible book), and also "Jehovah Witness"

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

chuck - if it's any help, i understand completely the point you are making ... sometimes you wish you hadn't bothered though don't ya ? ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit