All This Real Estate Development-What Do They Have Up Their Sleeve?

by WalkTall 8 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Sorry, I put this topic mistakenly under beliefs. I meant to put it here.

I really can't understand what's going on. Someone mentioned on another thread there is expansion going on at the Wallkill Farm. The WT has recently bought 2 new large over 200 acres parcels for development of residence and factory buildings. Why? Everyone says it is because they are exiting Brooklyn. But I always thought that was what Patterson was supposed to be for. They are moving the printing of the magazines off to Canada. And the branch facilities in other countries do a lot of their own printing now. Not to mention all the layoffs resulting in decreased personnel. Do they really need all this real estate in the US for administration and to print a few books and Bibles?

I just keep thinking they have something up their sleeve, but I haven't a clue what. Anyone else have any ideas?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I think they are speeding up the exodus out of NYC......

The cost of living / operating in Brooklyn is astronomical. I think they initially wanted to maintain a presence there, but with the economy and real estate tanking, Im sure it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...........

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

They've ALWAYS had something up there sleeve . . . .

But as regards to real estate, the factory has been renovated into condos and I'm sure they got a pretty penny for that bldg. I'm just wondering where the hell does all the money go? I mean doesn't the GB live in Bethel, even if they all have houses on a tropical island somewhere, there's still a millions more in the piggy bank, considering they make you sign a vow a poverty before you enter Bethel, they still don't give Bethelites the proper wages . . . . where does it all go . . . ?

• wobble
    wobble

I wouldn't trust them if they told me they have an arm up their sleeve, it might sound logical,but it is just their interpretation, and worse ,their word.

I think they are trying to downsize and look as though they are good custodians of all the cash that falls in their laps every day.

I do not think they really have a plan, they are only ever re-active, they seem to have little forsight, back when I was a Dub I loudly said the best thing they could do was sell their Brooklyn holdings, as the value could not go much higher, and such sales , and preperation of alternative sites ,takes time.

If I could foresee that, and I am just a Village Idiot (Class one mind) from Kent, then they surely should have, and obviously didn't.

They strike me, not just in Brooklyn, but world wide as quite inept at business, which is what you would expect from a bunch of tossers who have never been in the real world.

The only reason they stay afloat is the slave labour and the volume of donations from mind-controlled Dubs.

I too would love to know where all the money has gone over the years, and where it is going to now, I guess we will never learn the truth, they have not been very good at the truth for over one hundred and thirty years.

Love

Wobble

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Maybe they're going to build a nice big compound and call it a "modern day city of refuge"? Witnesses could live in spiritual paradise (for a cost of course). Just watch out for the free drinks!

• agonus
    agonus

My money is on compounds. Seriously.

• flipper
    flipper

WALK TALL- Good thread, good question ! I think that they are just saving $$$$ moving out of Brooklyn and also perpetuating a " new look " to the masses of witnesses so it leads the rank and file members to erroneously believe the organization is expanding and growing. Like Wobble said the WT society isn't " very good at the truth " . They just want to keep exploiting donations and inheritances and estates from older witnesses.

SHIRLEY W asked, " I'm just wondering where the hell does all the money go ? "

WOBBLE stated, " I too would love to know where all the money has gone over the years , and where it is going to now . "

Well - I have an observation and it's only an opinion ( definitely not confirmed ) - but I feel that the governing body is NOT the real power behind the WT society at all. They are just puppets put in place for appearance sake to appease the witnesses . In the last 10 years or so the WT society has become more corporate and is mostly ALL business. In most large corporations there are CEO's who earn many times it's been shown these days 400 times the $$$$ than the lower workers in those corporations. I feel that there are powerful hidden behind the scenes financial powers controlling the WT society AND controlling the bulk of the financial WT empire. Now whether they are the WT corporate attorneys, unkown CEO's who are funneling the $$$ off into other financial empires behind the scenes- who knows ? But I do feel that one day the lid will drop off and real exposure will come in time. Just have to be patient. Perhaps some bigwig will run off with all the money to the Caiman Islands and it will be a huge financial scandal in the news. At least I'm hoping for such a scandal. We shall see. Just my two cents

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

While Mr. Flipper's idea is provocative and not without merit, I think the $$ is probably just going to printing literature and building KHs in third world countries. If you look at the stats, all the increase is in Africa and other dirt poor places where donations have got to be nil. Yet they're pumping through the literature there and building branches, etc. Plus the donations are down in countries where people actually have a bit of $$--I suspect the WTBS is living off their capital. Just a guess.

• dozy
    dozy

Nothing complicated here - the WTBTS has been using the same MO for over 100 years...

Step 1 Ask for donations. Buy land. Build using voluntary labour and tax free exemptions. When completed , operate for a few years. Sell at market value and retain all the funds.

Step 2 Go to step 1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit