untitled

by jam 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

My brother, who is a elder, email my sister who is not a jw, to explain to her why

he can not associate or speak to me.A little history, I have been out since 1987, have moved on

with my life.The rest of the family( not JW) can not understand why after all this time they are still

trying to get me back in the cult...So here is his email...

I promised that I would share some scriptures with you later, explaining why I will not associate with my brother.

Firet of all let me say it,s so unfortunate what has happen to our family. I think it would be safe to say that

helen (my other sister that was a jw, but has pass) and I suffered in many ways that you could not imagine after

jam (me) took a different direction. We both loved him very much and talked about it many times and I still love my brother. But our stand as Jehovah,s Witnesses is purely scriptural. And we are not saying that we are better than anyone, our position is scriptural.

1 CORINTHIANS 5; 1,2 PAUL SAID THAT THERE WAS SOMEONE COMMITTING FORNICATION AMONG THEM

EVEN WORSE THAN GENTILES AND THAT THEY DID NOT SEND THE PERSON AWAY FROM THEM.

1 CORINTHIANS 5; 5 Turn the man over to Satan, in other words, let him go his way out of the cong.

1 CORINTHIANS 5;6 LITTLE LEAVEN AND ETC

1 CORINTHIANS 5; 9-13 FORNICATORS , NOT THE FORNICATORS OF THE WORLD BECAUSE IF THAT WERE TRUE WE

COULDN,T GO OUT IN THE WORLD AT ALL. He was speaking of those inside the church.

1 CORINTHIANS 5; 11 Paul specifically points out who we are not to keep company with, the one called a brother (in faith)

who rebelliously and unrepentingly is a fornicator....do not even eat with such a man. Unfortunately , that man

happens to be my brother whom I love.

1 CORINTHIANS 5; 12,13 PAUL SAYS WE ARE NOT JUDGING THOSE OUTSIDE (REMERBER i HAVE BEEN OUT SINCE 1987),

but we have a responsibility to judge those inside the cong.

Sometimes our Christian brothers and sister fall into sin.Elders of our congregation try to kindly help them to reciver and once again worship God.

They put for every effort to help the person repent. The last thing they want to do is put someone out of the cong.

I know this because I myself am an elder.

2 Timothy 2; 16 My brother has increased into more ungodliness since the time he left the truth.

2 Tim. 2;17 Hymenaeus and Philetus were apostates, there word was like canker or gangrene.

2 Tim 2;18 They left the truth and begain speaking against the truth.( I told him JW,s are misled and

that in Brooklyn where one of our Branch facilities is located it is full of perverts.( was upset when I said

that)

And 2 John 10.11 how we should treat apostate.

• fokyc
    fokyc

bttt

Interesting, pity there was no title

fokyc

• teel
    teel

Their stand is not scriptural, it's purely "watchtowerorial".

• alanv
    alanv

Jam I know it is horrible but did you not know what would happen when you were disfellowshipped. If you are living an unscriptual life now then witnesses and family witnesses will not talk to you. Their error of course is they think they have the truth. In fact it is very far from the truth but they believe it. Probably your only hope is to try to live according to their standards even if those standards are wrong. Either that or get reinstated and then over time simply fade away as many have done. I wish you well.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sadly, 99.9% will never know that in 1947 awake, they actually said the very scriptures they now use did not support excomunication. The Catholic excomunication is not as severe as the JW shunning either.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit