They have no idea! Fools in darkness

by Aussie Oz 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Been snooping around facebook and am amazed! (although i guess i shouldn't be) that the ordinary JW has no concept of the 'organization' in control.

Every thing is 'Jeh' 'jah' that, every teaching they support is attributed to Jah. every action. Esp the young ones. and i'll build you a house in the new system. and i'll bring you ice cream.

aaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! somebody smack me with a lump of wood. These people are mindless twits! Hang on, i was once too!

Oz

• Heaven
    Heaven

My hope is that they will awaken one day.

I often wonder if what is on Facebook re: JWs is only for 'show' due to the fear of being watched.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Let's see if I follow the logic correctly:

1. the WTBTS teaches that the rulers in the new world will be taken from the elders, MS, pioneers, COs, DOs, Bethelites, etc from the current organization.

2. The Bible says that houses will be built in the new world for the people.

3. The WTBTS put together a quick build program which can build very large buildings in 3 days. So, it stands to reason that they could be a house in 2 days.

4. The WTBTS has assets totalling in the hundreds of billions.

5. Yet, when suggestions are made to use the quick build program to provide housing for destitute JWs now the WTBTS says that it is not a social welfare agency and they refuse to even CONSIDER the idea.

6. But, these same unfeeling, stingy overseers who refuse to use their capabilities and assets to help JWs in need now are somehow going to miraculously change in the New Order and build houses for us then?

Excuse me if I am a bit confused on this one.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It'll be kinda like the ending of 2012 ... the rich corporate giants will inherit the earth. Does that not warm your heart?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

i get some sort of kick out some of the comments i read though! One guy wants a house in every country! And a car! and to name antartica after himself! There is swimming with dolphins, building each other homes etc, learning to play music, we all dreamed the dream at some point.

I guess this is why they just cannot seem to cope with living in the present. The 'paradise' is such a carrot that even a good life now just doesn't cut it.

• teel
    teel

*smacks Aussie with a lump of fake wood* Hey, we were all there too!

Naming Antartica after himself? The christian quality of humbleness just screams at you.

As I kept saying to my wife, if you don't like the current life, you will hate the new one too. Considering the Bible verses the WT uses to depict the paradise, it would not be an "all your dreams come true" place, it will be essentially this Earth, without sickness, death, or wicked people. That is all, you will still have to do hard work (even harder than now), and dreaming of big wealth, doing whatever you want just doesn't fit into the picture. If now you have what to eat, where to sleep and what to wear, you are healthy, and you live a relatively peaceful life (you aren't robbed every day now, are you?) your life would barely change, except you will have to work much more.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Teel: thats so true. we were taught and they still do, that in the paradise they will just wander around the world with picnic baskets visit each other.

If the treatment and workloads of the Bethelites is anything to go off, they would get a hell of a shock!

Oz

ps ouch, i needed that smack on the head

Oz

• nugget
    nugget

What always shocks me is what is on some JW facebook sites. Scratch below the surface and there are the slutty pics and suggestive comments you find anywhere. What is surprising is how little monitoring by parents seems to go on in our congregation.

I was trying to find a contact number for someone who moved to another congregation and found her facebook page complete with boob shots and a picture of a bum. Not quite what I was expecting.

I often think that JWs are a bit like the victorians respectable surface but a lot of sexual tension not very well handled underneath.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Lions. I want my pet lions.

• JAFO
    JAFO
    I often think that JWs are a bit like the victorians respectable surface but a lot of sexual tension not very well handled underneath.

Very true.. that's why they think everyone in the 'world' are screwing like rabbits.. they wish they were, and so they project it onto their 'enemy'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit