Pouters

by lisavegas420 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Recently a friend told me her and her husband split up because they were moving in different dirrections. They've been married for years, children grown, she wanted to go out and do things,..new and different things. He didn't, he would rather stay home. So she started going out and doing thing without him, started taking classes, joined some clubs, ect. To show his dissatifaction, he quit speaking to her, sometimes for days at a time.

Yestereday, the 70 yr old woman I worked with, told me her husband hasn't spoken to her in a few days, because he doesn't like that she is still so involved in her grown children and her grandchildren's life. (her son has just recently lost his eye sight, can no longer drive and is just now at 40+ learning how to live with a disability. One of the grandchildren lives with a drunk mother and isn't cared for properly. Grandmother takes her to the doctors appts, ect.)

Another friend told me when her husband is upset with her, he gets on his laptop and ignores her...again. pouting...again sometimes for days.

All of these men, I've met. I was entirely shocked that this POUTING, is the way they deal with something they don't like.

Why???

What does that accomplish?

lisa

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

He's 70 , but has yet to grow up.

Some people never do, I know a woman in her 80's that acts like a neglected 4 year old and has for the 40 some years that I have known her.

Nice to see your friend getting on with her life, she must have reached a stage where she ws done "babysitting".

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I agree, entirely childlike behaivor. Then I thought more about that.

Neither of my children were pouters one boy, one girl...., still aren't,.....

only one of the three grand children, ..a boy, 5, is a pouter.

If he doesn't get his own way, he runs to his room. And screams and cries and talks to himself...then in about 15 minutes, he'll come out and say, "can we make a deal". Usually we do. Sometimes, it still a "no deal", and he runs to his room again. ..we can hear him in there saying stuff, like, "they aren't fair", "they hate me."..then he'll either try let's make a deal again or take a needed nap..and forget about whatever it was when he wakes up. seems pretty normal for a 5 yr old.

lisa

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Your 5 year old sounds pretty cool to me, I love the "lets make a deal" part!

Looking back, I was a pouter, not that it ever got me anything.

I was so unhappy as a kid, and I felt I had no resources, no one to count on, no adult had my back.

So when things didn't go my way, I was just stuck with it.

So maybe "pout" isn't the right word, I would now call it "sullen".

But to neglectful adults, that kind of behavior is "pouting"

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

zombied, she's a cute pouter as is this....

I'm really talking about adults that use pouting. Really what are others supposed to do?

I just ignore, oh..roll my eyes and ignore. I don't know what else to do. Thankfully there currently aren't any adult pouters in my life that I have to deal with.

lisa

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

yea ignore is good - can't be doing with tantrums from adults.

Photo pouting is always good though, everyone should post a pouting photo of themselves on here!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well, it sounds bad for the 70 year old guy, but then we don't really know the dynamics of the couple. A couples therapist might dig into the relationship and find that for 50 years, she's talked a lot but never communicated fairly or reasonably. She is a woman afterall.

:runs like hell:

• Satanus
    Satanus

The guy must be over 70 yrs. I'm curious about his side, in this.

S

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Pouting can express dissatisfaction quite adequately without resulting in one getting a domestic violence charge against them. These spouses should look at the big picture and quit whining about their pouty mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit