Salter called Rutherford a liar....WOW

by HappyGuy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I had never heard of this letter before. Not sure how William Salter was exactly. Someone high up in the organization at some point.

I didn't go looking for this, I was rooting around on Doc Bob's site looking or the baptism questions and I stumbled across this letter that Salter wrote to Rutherford.

He just comes right out and calls Rutherford a liar. Not once but multiple times. WOW.

In talking about the socieity's financial situation Salter says:

And at the time I was relieved of my duties there was not only a large sum in the bank as customary but also over $25,000.00 in cash was lying in the Society's vaults at 40 Irwin Avenue and had for years, which could be used for the needs of the President or those whom he might designate in case of an international emergency - and the dear pioneers? Well, of course they could go hungry. Poor gullible friends!! My, were we not blind, and how blind the friends still are! And yet the annual reports tell of our great losses and how it is hoped the Lord will make it up. Well, it is said, "figures don't lie, but liars do figure."

Then in talking about the 1925 failed prediction, Salter says:

...i n other words, it is what the Lord speaks of as "false dreams" and He say He is against such and therefore I must be. Was the Lord please with our false dream concerning 1925 and the zeal of the friends in that connection? He was not. Was it a lie. It was.

Salter is my hero!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Wow! Things haven't changed much, have they? The lowly ones in the borg can still starve and the higher ups live in nice apartments with all their needs taken cared of through the lowly ones donations.

Rutherford always seemed to be a bully and tends to make me cringe. I really don't know how they got people to join when he was running things.

The "friends" are still blind.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Careful. I wouldn't Canonize him quite yet.

Salter was a thief and screwed around on his wife while hypocritically taking a moral stand against Rutherford and opposing Percy Chapman the then Branch Coordinator in Canada. For him it was more about his ego than morals.

He made off with Real Estate donated to the WTBS. While he may have been right about Rutherford and the Borg, he was no saint.

• VM44
    VM44

"He [Salter] made off with Real Estate donated to the WTB"

Wow! That is news to me!

Can you supply more information about this?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Uzzah,

I read back over my post and I don't see where I call Salter a saint. I said that he called Rutherford a liar, which he did.

I did say I didn't know anything about Salter other than he was affiliated with the organization at some point.

I didn't even come close to saying he was a saint. Don't know what you are talking about. I said he was my hero because he called Rutherford a liar, which Rutherford was.

• yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit