Yeah, there's an app for that!

by DNCall 5 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

If you search on "Jehovah" in the app store on iPhone, you will find some amazingly telltale apps that reveal the kind of thinking fostered within JW culture.

To quote from one called Ministry School Timer: "The Bible Highlights timer allows you to not only time the bible Highlights but also to time each individual comment, which also counts them and averages them. Each Comment time will appear in a list and those over 30 seconds long will appear in red." So now Brother School Overseer can ream the brothers with precision when they go overtime on their comments.

Another one called My Time offers: ". . . a program that is useful for Jehovah's Witnesses to keep up with our calls, return visits, literature placements and field service time so that you can accurately keep up with your field service activity report for the month." (Emphasis added.) That's got to be the last thing the Society wants. Imagine if time was accurately reported, without rounding up estimating or simply lying, how the numbers would plummet.

"Field Service Assistant" features a stop watch so that you can be accurate to the second! Oh wait, what if you come out with 14:59 minutes for the month? You're screwed.

Gotta love the monster they've created!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

OMG! You're right! This couldn't possibly inspire jealousy could it? ;)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Each Comment time will appear in a list and those over 30 seconds long will appear in red." So now Brother School Overseer can ream the brothers with precision when they go overtime on their comments.

You know... we tend to forget how horrible it was living with that mindset. Thank heavens.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I heard there was a field service app I thought it was a joke - obviously not!

• besty
    besty

what happens if there is the speaker during the Talk 1 trots out the WTS crap about not using cellphones etc during meetings?

then Brother Tick-Tock using his Apple iPhone Timer App justifies his use of said technology and feels smug about being allowed to do so

sad sad sad

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

http://www.fieldserviceassistant.com/

unbelievable....

I cant imagine any JW who is so busy in the "preaching work" that they would actually need this app.. ridiculous...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit