Anyone from around Temple, TX?

by Alana 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

I know that not long ago I was asking about NYC, as my husband was considering a surgical residency there. Well, he is also in discussions with a residency program at Scott & White in Temple TX. I wondered if anyone here was familiar with that area, etc. I lived a couple of years in Houston, but I haven't been to this part of TX before. Any info would be appreciated!

~Alana

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Temple/Belton has a small-town feel 45 minutes from Austin. You'll find yourself making trips periodically that way if you move. The JW's have their DC conventions at this dome convention center. It's close to a number of smallish places like Lampasas/Copperas Cove and down the street from Killeen. Baylor's the main school there. Lake Belton is a bit unknown for some reason, but it's pretty and there's actually a number of nice restaurants in the area. Getting around is easier and if you like theatre or cultural activities they're actually easier to get to because traffic isn't the killer it is in Austin.

• yknot
    yknot

What GB said......

My sister lived in Belton for awhile (wouldn't believe how many JWs asked to crash at her DFd home!)

My son likes the trains

Generally I like SW as a hospital but as employers they have been cutting back on travel staff.

SW is expanding .....(all the way from Brenham (blue bell ice cream) to Llano (enchanted rock)).

I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in a town.

Compared to NYC it is 'small town USA........

.... PMing you.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit