How did you changed after becoming a JW

by feeling good 2 Replies latest jw friends

• feeling good
    feeling good

An old friend of mine came by to do my daughters hair for a wedding while I was shopping.

My daughter was asking about how I was when we hung out (prior to the organization). She told my daughter I was very funny and everyone wanted to be around me. She also said I am much more serious now.

I don't know if it is because as I am older as I was 20 when I came in. I know being out I don't stress about everything now....

How did you changed after becoming a JW and how are you now after leaving the organization?

• Emma
    Emma

I'm much happier, therefore more fun to be around. I'm a better person, more forgiving and accepting. I'm healthier, much, much, healthier. I live in the present, don't put off good things for some future fantasy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I first became a witless, I became intolerant of holidays and birthdays. I was very judgmental about worldly people for not becoming witlesses, thinking they were all deserving of destruction. I would dread November, simply because that's when Christmas starts coming out.

Now, I simply do the holidays myself. And, I judge the doctrine on how true it is to what it claims to be, and on how practical it is. And I have found the witlesses very deficient in that they do not abide by the Bible as they claim, plus it is not practical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit