What is the 'hidden wisdom', the 'deep things of God' mentioned in 1 Cor 2

by WalkTall 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

While sitting at the meeting today I was thinking about how the WT simplistically compartmentalizes the Bible. Everything is tied up in neat little packages. It made me think that this is the way you would teach a kindergartner about the Bible. For example, today's WT study was about sin how it leads to death and Jesus died to save us. No discussion or reasoning on the fact that everything, including all animals and plants, eventually dies. And how so much written in the Bible are examples of the struggles of people living at that time, without advanced science, but trying to understand the totality of the human experience. That led me to think about how the Bible talked about the deep things of God, so I started reading 1 Cor 2. I'm not sure if 1 Corinthians is one of the books that has been revealed not to have been written by Paul, but I find the comments there of interest. It speaks about a sacred secret, a hidden wisdom. Verse 12 says that we received the spirit which is from God that we might know the things kindly given to us by God.

What are your thoughts on what this all means?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

These would be the occult teachings.

In other words, these are things you are not supposed to know, therfore you do not know them.

A common synonym is BULLSHIT.

• be wise
    be wise

WalkTall

a thought of JESUS could describe Corinthians

@hidden wisdom

a hidden wisdom is gathered when you initialy put all the piece together

@deep things of GOD

a happens after @hidden wisdom

REVELATION describes it as 'hidden manna' (white pebble - a new name)

I call it That Night

Check out THAT NIGHT by Jazzanova

...before it stars - hidden manna that is

PEACE

be wise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit