DR James Penton ...W.T. History on dialogue tonight Sat. Nov.28,2009

by koolaid-man 6 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Dr. James Penton, author of Apocalypse Delayed and Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich will be Richard Rowe's guest on The Dialogue Program. Dialogue can be heard on the Six Screens TeleNetwork. You can listen to this program by dialing 712-432-8710 and when asked for pin use 9925. The program will begin at 6:45p.m. EST. For more info.. http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/telenetwork-conferencecalls.html

• designs
    designs

Jim does fine research. He and his family developed their academic interests, traveled, in all a good example of what to do next. Hope his health and stamina will keep him around.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I really enjoyed Jim's book, 'Apocalypse Delayed'. Highly recommended.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would like to add. . .

While I highly recommend Dr. Penton's book, I respectfully take exception with his opinion of atheist ex-JWs:

http://www.channelc.org/ChCForum/forum/index.php?action=display&forumid=1&msgid=1310

• wobble
    wobble

I agree with all your comments above LWT, the only bit in Pentons last remark I agree with is that to say religion is the problem,with Arabs and Israelis etc etc, is wrong.

Penton is right, these are political problems into which religion is often dragged, but firstly they are political.

I would think his view on Atheist ex-Jw's is at best a dangerous generalisation,many were well grounded in religion and knew their bible etc. and many like myself ,NEVER held the organization or its leaders in great esteem. he should give credit for an intellectual position arrived at after much hard work and soul-searching,it wasn't as easy as 7 new demons popping in !

Love

Wobble

• peacedog
    peacedog

Apocalypse Delayed was the first "apostate" book I read. Man, did it open my eyes. I highly recommend this book.

• jwfaith33
    jwfaith33

I really appreciated DR Penton's visit on the call. He seems to be an intelligent and caring man. When he said" that he was ashamed of ever sitting on a judicial commitee, I almost cried. Just to hear someone express sorry for such abuse made me feel like there is hope. Thank you DR. Penton.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit