"Vindicate God's Sovereignty"-JFR vs "Let your name be sanctified (or Hallowed)" -Jesus

by xelder 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xelder
    xelder

Sorry if I missed it, but has there been a scriptural discussion of this? I know of JFR's need for vindication when he came up with the idea. Any other biblical research on the difference between Vindication and Sanctified (Hallowed) thanks

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In Matthew the term "hallowed" in greek is: hagiazo

Meaning:

1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

a) consecrate things to God

b) dedicate people to God

3) to purify

a) to cleanse externally

b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

• Perry
    Perry

The Vindication heresy is related to the Ransom heresy that is related to the heresy that Jesus died to pay back what Adam lost.

What actually happened was that Jesus offered a payment for each of our own guilty verdicts that awaits us at the Great White Throne Judgment. By teaching that the payment is not needed personally, that opens the door for a works based salvation, rejection of the New Covenant by most JW members, the teaching that a person can atone for himself simply by dying and guarantees that individual judgment cannot be circumvented as the New Covenant makes provision for.

This of course would naturally cause people to ask the question: So why did Jesus have to die? Hence the WT reason of Vindication of Jehovah's name was invented.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no ° flesh be justified.

Hope this helps.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"The Great White Throne Judgement"... Is that something like the Macy's White Sale? More fundi fun I guess. Whatever floats your eternity boat. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit