are they the "happy" people?

by highdose 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

the GB is fond of saying that JW's are happy, often showing a picture of a posing/smiling dub to prove the point. However tell me, do you see loads of smiling faces at the hall, assembly hall and ministry? I don't remember that i did, and the only time they really smile... is for the soveniuer photo... to show just how happy they were

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

To be fair I remember the majority smiling and being friendly. Of course I now realize that a few of these smiles were fake and that they would spiritually stab you if you crossed their path.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All fake. I have heard of it as the "happy religion". Yet, I have seen children being beaten for doing what comes naturally to them at the Kingdumb Hell. Once, I saw someone's child being dragged out in field circus every day during school vacation, and getting spanked and threatened with worse spankings once field circus was done. And that was for things like running, skipping around, picking up twigs and stones, complaining about being tired of being out there all damn day, and wanting to play. Happy?

Here is an example of how "happy" they really are. Suppose you put a child into a central location that is pretty boring and dull. There are numerous paths away from this area, and they all look very interesting (and actually are, once you start exploring them). Those paths are quite safe, yet the rule is that you are supposed to stay in the central area. If a person is truly "happy", they will want to explore the paths. Yet, the rules are that you are not even supposed to look like you are interested in exploring anything else. Just stay where it is boring and stagnating, and keep your eyes in the boring central area and not where it is fun.

Or, suppose you are at an amusement park. You are not afraid of any of the rides, and they have all passed strict safety tests. But, you are supposed to stay in the main path and away from the rides and other attractions. How happy would you be about that? That is similar to what the witlesses have to do--watching the world but not having any of its fun.

"Happy"?????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit