JWs - using information kiosk at airport

by Jim_TX 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

This past week, I travelled on business from San Antonio, TX to Dallas, TX. We had a long day, and got back around 7:30pm or 8:00pm that evening.

Walking through the airport here in San Antonio, we go down a flight of stairs and past the luggage carousels to our exit.

On the way... at the bottom of the stairs, there was the Information kiosk - that used to be upstairs. Behind the kiosk - two middle-aged JW gals.

It was funny, actually. My two bosses - they know about JWs (one used to work for the company), but I don't think that they can spot JWs like I can, and didn't even see these gals standing there.

As we walked past the kiosk, I gave the gals a big 'ol grin - like I do to most folks - and they perked up a bit - and started smiling back.

They had been there - behind their kiosk - looking a bit... how do I put this?... well, they certainly weren't smiling. I think that they were just standing there - yakking - to each other - when we hit the stairs.

Anyway... I don't give them any of my time - but I did give them a smile they won't soon forget.

I also smiled - and waved at the gals that were behind the 'Welcome to San Antonio' kiosk. Those gals actually work - even tho they're volunteers. And they also return the 'howdy' - they're good.

Regards,

Jim TX

• dissed
    dissed

Jim

I had a similar experience at the Oakland airport. The two JW's sisters were so involved in talking to each other, I had to interupt them to ask for a certain pub.

The response, "take what you want from the table" and then went back to their very engrossing conversation.

I've been in management for years and am always studying employees of other companies, trying to learn something. How employees act shows you much about the managers. Rating these JW's tells me they don't like their job, not very happy, and are bored (how could saving peoples lives from death at Armaggeddon be boring?) and most certainly is a reflection on their bosses and their training.

• Walkin
    Walkin

I have seen them at the New York Bus Terminal at 42nd street. Older couple man and woman. They had a small table set up with mags. and brochures and tracts. Their cong. was close by at tenth avenue and 42nd street. I stopped by and had a little chat with them. It made their day.

Walkin

• moshe
    moshe

If I stopped and chatted with JW's at a public kiosk they would "remember" that day like it was branded into their brain, but it most certainly wouldn't be a pleasant experience for them! Most of the time these JW's will just pack up and leave when faced with negative WT facts.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I got a lot of dirt on the woman at the Minneapolis/Saint Paul airport with the funny accent. You can't see the floorboards in her house, since it's so dirty and she refuses to clean it up, her youngest son is a weird manwhore that's always with some naive fat white girl. Furthermore, her oldest son is a narcicistic rageaholic and a nutcase and he's probably going to be arrested for DV sometime soon.

By the way, to Catherine's friends who lurk here: Bite me.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I didn't think about it until later, but they were there on a Thursday evening... which used to be... meeting night.

Of course - they may attend meetings on Friday evenings.

They just looked so sad - standing there - looking like wilted flowers... until I smiled at them - then they perked up a bit.

As I mentioned above - their kiosk was downstairs - where the arrivals pass by. I guess they didn't do very well upstairs - where the departures were... or perhaps folks going through security... "Did anyone - a stranger - give you anything to carry?" got a lot of folks in trouble.

Anyway... I am not one to bother them anymore... unless they approach me - and they weren't doing that.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone could do any good at a place like an airport - the folks leaving... in a hurry to get through security - and on a plane. The folks arriving - in a hurry to get their luggage (if any) and then beat it out of the airport.

Perhaps they're not interested in making contact with anyone... just count time.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

ColdRedRain...

naive fat white girl.....

Jim, I can't believe they didn't try to witness to you..shame on them.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit