10 years on, what is my status in the eyes of the JWs?

by Aussie Oz 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Gosh darn it! i hate it when i blank post!

Ok, now, the first two years i was just inactive and seperated from the wife. Then 'adultery' led to disfellowshipping. Have scarcley seen a witness since. the last one was an elder doing normal door to door work (lots of others in the street too so i know it was random) identified myself as DF, he asked if i would like elders to visit and i just went 'nah, i'll just argue with them'.

nobody knows i am on here and i have never even talked about it to the kids.

Just curious, am i just a disfellowshipped or have i become apostate to them?

Oz

• alanv
    alanv

Hi Aussie Oz. If you were disfellowshipped for Adultery then that is what they would ask about if you wanted to go back. I'm sure they would also talk to you generally to see how you feel about everything else the Watchtower teaches. If it became obvious you didn't accept any key teachings then you wouldn't be eligable for reinstatement. Take my advice carry on with your own life and stay free from the JWs indoctrination.

• fokyc
    fokyc

If you have never written and asked for re-instatement and then gone through the process of sitting at the back of the hall for a time decided on by the Elders -

You are still disfellowshipped. It is the local elders duty to contact you on a fairly regular basis to see if you would like to return to the fold. Many congs. don't bother about this and eventually will destroy any records of you they may have, although they are supposed to keep the last record card indefinitely, various Data protection laws have made that difficult for them.

Stay away from their clutches.

fokyc

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Oh, dont worry guys! i aint going back! just curious. They have left me alone and have never thought of returning. I wondered if after a long time they make any other presumptions about my character! or have changed their ideas on my status.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit