untitled

by jeremiahjs 1 Replies latest jw friends

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

Im new here. It's been about 18 years scince i been to a kingdom hall (a bunch of unfortanent events and found myself living in sin) but I have stayed close to my faith and love in God through it all, and refound my love and faith and continue seeking truth.Is this a strickly ex jw site or active jws too? I was raised as a jw but iv'e found (in the word) that mankind cannot create a true church, temple, or religion. I belive anyone teaching the truth is witnessing for Jehovah/Yahweh and his Son Jesus. Only God knows all truth. The most important thing is love. It's written God ordains from all congregations. I belive love and faith in God makes this possiable. The true temple of God is alive and scattered inline with truth (not lies) love and faith few find it fewer make it to the end. Whats important is what you do with the knowledge given to you. If a religion knew all truth why would Jesus return to rule and teach for a 1000 years without all the devil's influences? Jesus hasn't returned and struck down the nations do jws beleive he returned? I thought they taught that the devil was cast out of heaven down to earth in 1914 or 18 or whatever is this not what they teach now? Why would Jesus clean his own house out first when he comes, all of christainity and people devoted to God are his house right? If he needs to clean his own house that means it's mislead in ways to right? Isn't the whore of Baboloyn false religion? Isn't loving the Father and the Son and loving one another what's important? Aren't we told to teach what truth we find and make it known to all of God's nations. Or let them stay blinded so Jesus can turn their hearts back himself? I belive Loving God for who he is with everything we have, obeying his commandments to show our love, and loving one another what the bible teaches plainly. Isn't the bible's secrets and hard to understand words mostly for directions for the 144000 so they can walk their walk holy in line with God, Jesus and the truth? Seeking and knowing all truth in this life is impossable; even Jesus doesn't know the day and hour of his return. Do Jws claim they do or at least know the year? Also isn't the Great tribulation, the Anti-Christ and mark of the beast right around the corner? Please fill me in where the current jws stand in faith i was thinking about congregrating with them again, but Im happy with my personal relationship with God but i would like to be around people who share most of my beliefs. Would they even except me in their congragation if I belive these things?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In general, it's still toe the line, follow what the Governing Body says (not what the Bible says), don't question, and put in those hours!

You'll find some folks that might believe what you believe, but they can't say so out loud for fear of being disfellowshipped.

Jesus hasn't returned and struck down the nations do jws beleive he returned? > Yes, he is here invisibly.

I thought they taught that the devil was cast out of heaven down to earth in 1914 or 18 or whatever is this not what they teach now? > That's when Christ returned, I believe Satan's suppsed to have been set loose upon the Earth longer than that, but my cheat sheet isn't at hand at the moment.

Why would Jesus clean his own house out first when he comes, all of christainity and people devoted to God are his house right? > No, only the 144,000 of the anointed class of JWs are his own people. Other Sheep (other JW adherents) get to have a relationship with Jesus and God only through the remaining 144,000. According the the WTS, Jesus found nothing wanting in his own real church when he came to invisibly hang out.

If he needs to clean his own house that means it's mislead in ways to right? > God's orgnazation (the WTS - Watchtower Society) is already as perfect as it needs to be. Except when they make mistakes, then they say they're just erring humans. Just don't ask questions.

Isn't the whore of Baboloyn false religion? > I think that's still true. The Great Beast is still the UN. Except they became a part of the UN (NGO) in order to, uh, they say "get a library card". But you can still get disfellowshipped for joining the YMCA even if it's just to use the pool.

Isn't loving the Father and the Son and loving one another what's important? > Of course not, silly goose! Repeating what the GB says is what's important. The WTS has been saying for decades that character isn't important. Of course, they also say having a personal relationship with Jehovah is important, but apparently they get to tell you whether you've got that or not.

Aren't we told to teach what truth we find and make it known to all of God's nations. > Technically, we're told to spread the WTS literature. We are encouraged to have an enquiring mind, until it leads us to question the WTS - then it's called apostasy.

Or let them stay blinded so Jesus can turn their hearts back himself? > In that case, let Jesus take care of it.

I belive Loving God for who he is with everything we have, obeying his commandments to show our love, and loving one another what the bible teaches plainly. > I think there are vast interpretation issues with reading many translations of the Bible, that if you go beyond the basics that Jesus taught (Love your neighbor as yourself, love God) then you're treading into opinion.

Isn't the bible's secrets and hard to understand words mostly for directions for the 144000 so they can walk their walk holy in line with God, Jesus and the truth? > Secrets? What secrets? No, I don't think there are directions for 144,000 people that are specially selected to serve as kings and priests.

Seeking and knowing all truth in this life is impossable; even Jesus doesn't know the day and hour of his return. Do Jws claim they do or at least know the year? > No, except they occasionally predict a time that would be fitting for Armageddon to start once in a while. It's still "near", though. Like it has been since the late 1800's.

Also isn't the Great tribulation, the Anti-Christ and mark of the beast right around the corner? > It's clear skies here, and I don't see any tribulation or anti-Christ on the horizon.

Would they even except me in their congragation if I belive these things? > You could try it out. You'll first be welcomed, then there's a Bible study, then baptism - at which point you best know what you can and can't believe any more, lest they kick you out and shun you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit