Santa Claus Parade - Oh so evil

by Uzzah 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Well I was in the local Santa Claus parade today marching along with a few others from one of the local service clubs. The streets were lined with children bundled up to stay warm, waving at everyone passing by with random shouts of Merry Christmas coming from their young, happy and eager faces. Older people in wheelchairs, smiling brightly as they watched the floats and tapping their feet merrily to the christmas tunes.

Thousands of people coming together laughing, wishing each other well, smiling faces and happy memories being formed of family time together.

Christ's birthday or just a family time and tradition doesn't really matter.

I was truly happy today. I couldn't get the smile off my face enthralled by the goodwill and general joy of the crowd.

Yep these practices are so evil, worthy of condemnation and god's eternal damnation for participating in this type of event.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being "worldly" frees you to feel all kinds of joy, doesn't it?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being "worldly" frees you to feel all kinds of joy, doesn't it?

• dinah
    dinah

Glad you had fun, Uzzah.

Being a Dub just sucks all the joy outta life.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't been to a Santa Claus parade since I was a kid. Even then I just watched it on my black & white TV most years. Channel 9, hosted by Uncle Bobby! I wonder if he's still alive?

W

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Glad you enjoyed yourself Uzzah!

I used to coach Cheerleading for our Optimist club here and we always did the X-Mas parade. So much fun! Cheering, Throwing candy off our float, and waving saying "merry christmas". That's one place you don't have to worry about running into a dub! lol

• bohm
    bohm

I also went to a Christmas Parade last week for the first time in my life. Couldnt get the smile of my face afterwards. Old and young were happily together - and it felt real and well...just nice and I couldnt believe that a loving god would want all of them to die!

Love, Miss Bohm

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Colossians: 2:16-23

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. 19 He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I'm glad you had a good time Uzzah. I had planned on attending a Parade on Saturday but was hit with the flu. I'm hoping to recover in time to attend one of the Christmas festivals next week with a couple of friends of mine. Christmas is so much fun and I'm so glad that I have the freedom to celebrate it now. I love everything about it - the lights & decorations , the parties, the parades, the food, buying gifts, the music. I'm like a big kid come Christmastime. Those poor JW's don't know what they're missing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit